Pep Guardiola

Kinlejus

yep!
exactly that..
Dani is always poor in an advanced role..
Why he did not stat at least thiago, cuenca and tello?
why he didnot play 3-4-3 like the first game and use dani at the back?

Poor performance from Pep..

It was not poor. You all should take a deep breath now. We just could not convert chances we usually do.
Oh and like cuenca would of been our saviour...

Birdy

You should understand that no one relied on Cuenca solely to save us..
The problems is that at least 3 more fresh pair of legs were needed for the starting 11..

An pep had a poor night..
we started playing after 75 min, and this proves why he was poor..
And 90% of our chances happened then..

It is different to start almost the same lineup as versus madrid and then play some reserves and different to rotate from the beggining and if it doesnot go as planned then you throw all the weapons you have on the bench..
they would be aware themselves that they need to push and hurry up..

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I thought certain that after the match against RM, Pep would've added Tello into the mix sooner if not start him...No Villa & no Pedro makes Barça rather toothless when the defense can play a high line and squeeze the space from where Leo can work...Not sure how that was missed or how it wasn't addressed sooner, strange to me

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
I still don't get what you people would rather Pep do? he's making do with he has.

and he's doing a pretty damned good job at it. last year and this year.

lewin

I have a theory: I think Tito is a crucial member of the coaching team/staff. When he has not been on the bench besides Pep (think of yesterday), the team has been weak.

Clockwise

Buccaneer
I have a theory: I think Tito is a crucial member of the coaching team/staff. When he has not been on the bench besides Pep (think of yesterday), the team has been weak.

Actually Pep tried to call him in the middle of the match if you noticed. They're always consulting each other in the middle of matches.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I still don't get what you people would rather Pep do? he's making do with he has.

and he's doing a pretty damned good job at it. last year and this year.
Who's fault is it really that he has only so much!? Thin squads are good for dressing room atmosphere sure but we also need to take into account the injuries!

The staff knew we couldn't rely upon Villa who's had this pain for like ever, still Pep went for a mid fielder:)rolleyes:) and played him unnecessarily risking him further!! Of course, Villa is to be blamed here too
And then all this experimentation to ease in the said mid fielder

It's good though, he is still a very young manager. As talented as he is, as motivating as he is, there's always room for improvement. And knowing him to a certain degree I think he'll sure learn from some of the mistakes he committed this season. Always the greater good is important anyway

Clockwise

Buccaneer
Who's fault is it really that he has only so much!? Thin squads are good for dressing room atmosphere sure but we also need to take into account the injuries!

The staff knew we couldn't rely upon Villa who's had this pain for like ever, still Pep went for a mid fielder:)rolleyes:) and played him unnecessarily risking him further!! Of course, Villa is to be blamed here too
And then all this experimentation to ease in the said mid fielder

It's good though, he is still a very young manager. As talented as he is, as motivating as he is, there's always room for improvement. And knowing him to a certain degree I think he'll sure learn from some of the mistakes he committed this season. Always the greater good is important anyway

The Villa Injury was handled kinda vague so I don't know if I say something it would be fair or not. He probably has a good reason for not signing anyone.
Cesc is a long term signing, the sooner we can solve this issue of getting the best out of him and convert him back to his la masia style the better. C'mon estel, I though you'd stop this cecs blame/flame/hate when he becomes one of our players, but seems like you're not gonna stop *sigh*
one day we'll thank Pep for all these experimentations.
Pep made one mistake in one match, it's true but so much blame on him isn't fair at all. it wasn't only his fault, the players woke up too late.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Isn't trolling Cesc the latest trend!?:shrug:

We could have signed a young striker and it'd have been as much a signing for the future don't you think!? Moreso because Villa was not fit and is ageing. And we have abundance of mid fielders...

Nothing against Cesc really...he's putting a good effort. It's Pep I'm blaming. I did this even when we were hunting down Arsenal for his signature

Clockwise

Buccaneer
Isn't trolling Cesc the latest trend!?:shrug:

We could have signed a young striker and it'd have been as much a signing for the future don't you think!? Moreso because Villa was not fit and is ageing. And we have abundance of mid fielders...

Nothing against Cesc really...he's putting a good effort. It's Pep I'm blaming. I did this even when we were hunting down Arsenal for his signature

first bold part:not really, It's been like that for a while Estel, be revolutionary and go to hate someone like....ummmm.... VILLA FOR EXAMPLE? (ps: don't you dare! * growling*)
second bold part: blaming Pep is blasphemy and is prohibited. any other argument = invalid.

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
I9uPW.jpg

Co0ter

I trust Pep but he got it all wrong. I have no idea what he was thinking playing Adriano and Dani both as wingers. They are FULLBACKS, who have the versatility to play as wingers IF needed. Neither of them are natural goal-scorers, Adriano has got a mean cross but the majority of the team is shorter than 5'8. No thank you.

I love Alves but he is always ineffective as a winger, if you want to start Adriano fine, but at least put a goal-scoring threat on the other side. It was a very poorly coached match and he brought on subs way too late. Not the first time he got it all wrong this year :(

Home of Barca Fans