Pep Guardiola

B

barcelonista

barcastuff
Guardiola: "Why the team doesn't talk about referee while it's clear it gets worse when you stay silent? We can only try to play better."

Either you talk about the referees or you genuinely stay silent. But this "we're not talking about the referees, BUT they are shit" thing and constantly repeating that "we're not talking about referees" doesn't make us look good at all. Sorry to say.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Either you talk about the referees or you genuinely stay silent. But this "we're not talking about the referees, BUT they are shit" thing and constantly repeating that "we're not talking about referees" doesn't make us look good at all. Sorry to say.
Do you realise that the "Why the team doesn't talk about referee while it's clear it gets worse when you stay silent? " part of it is a question posed by a journo... and the latter part is Pep's reply to it!?

Maria

If you would watch one of Pep's press conference you would see that 60% of the questions are about the referees, 30% about his renewal and only 10% about the actual match(those questions are mostly made by foreign reporters). And in this particular case the first phrase was actually the question and his answer was "we can only try to play better".
He only made a point in the case of Pique, saying that he wants to know what the criterias are for this kind of cases..Pep was quite impecable in his answers, especially considering the stupidity of some of the questions the media had for him.

B

barcelonista

Do you realise that the "Why the team doesn't talk about referee while it's clear it gets worse when you stay silent? " part of it is a question posed by a journo... and the latter part is Pep's reply to it!?

I do. But I'm not only talking about Pep's post match press conferences. I'm talking about stuff like this from the club:

Freixa: "The job of a referee is very difficult. They make mistakes because their work is very difficult, but everyone is finding that we are not having luck."

The whole club pretends to have a philosophy of not talking about referees. But when shit hits the fan, they release such statements. Pep's complaining about referees, too. Only with tongue in cheek, in a more subtile way: "Messi is suspended like Pepe" or "there are many things that have happened that have resulted in us being this far behind, we don't deserve to be 10 points behind." That's all well and good. But why pretend that we (as a club) will not talk about referees in the first place? We SHOULD talk about referees if they don't do their job properly.

Last edited:

Maria

I do. But I'm not only talking about Pep's post match press conferences. I'm talking about stuff like this from the club:

Freixa: "The job of a referee is very difficult. They make mistakes because their work is very difficult, but everyone is finding that we are not having luck."

Freixa's statements were misunderstood mainly because for a spokesman, he doesn't know how to speek...he was reffering to the fact that Pique was sued for his statements, not his red card. And after we heard yesterday that Pepe, Casillas, Mou or Michu weren't suspended because the media impact wasn't big enough, we had to do something.

Pep's complaining about referees, too. Only with tongue in cheek, in a more subtile way: "Messi is suspended like Pepe" or "there are many things that have happened that have resulted in us being this far behind, we don't deserve to be 10 points behind."

In that particular press conference he was talking about our lack of luck:injuries, weather(Athletic, Osasuna), hitting the goal-post 20 times..and maybe he was also reffering to the referees. But we don't know because Pep didn't mentioned them.

That's all well and good. But why pretend that we (as a club) will not talk about referees in the first place? We SHOULD talk about referees if they don't do their job properly.

Remember when Pep accused a referee of lying in his rapport(after a match against Almeria) and the video footage showed that he was right? What happend after that? Who was suspended?
Pep couldn't talk about referees even if he would want to..the RFEF wouldn't allow him to do even 10% of what Mou did.

The cules should just accept that all he has are these subtle refferences.

And Pep also said yesterday: "en el deporte, cada día que pasa, estoy más convencido de que las pocas certezas que hay son los deportistas"("with each day that passes I'm more convinced that the sportsmen are the only certainties in sport"). It seems to me that this tells us more of what Pep's thoughts are than the fact that he didn't want to cause a rift in our club by distancing himself from Freixa and Rosell(although everybody knows that they can stand each other).

Last edited:

Clockwise

Buccaneer
well, he knows he doesn't even need to rule Chelsea out :pep:
Roman is too slow if he thinks Pep would be so foolish to question his authority and honor as a manager in any club by going to a joke of a club like Chelsea after coaching such Barca side.

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
DUTT whispering to Guardiola : I have told Guardiola we will see in the Champions League final in Munich.

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
Guardiola: "Messi is among the greatest. Di Stefano, Cruyff, Maradona... And I add Pele, otherwise he'll be angry." (laughs)

:worthy:

Home of Barca Fans