Pep Guardiola

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
Got his subs all wrong today IMO.

Should've subbed Fabregas rather than Sanchez. while the latter was missing chances he was getting himseld into excellent positions and making good runs behind the defensive lines keeping the CBs partially occupied. Another winger would have spread their defense just enough for Messi to find an eventual opening. However removing your only true striker and introducing a winger only made it tougher for us to find opening. The Thiago sub was also an awkward one IMO...

The one tactical substitution that I believe would've given us a better chance at an equalizer:

Fabregas --> Cunenca (or Tello for the gambler )

--Iniesta ---- Sanchez-----Cuenca
--------------Messi-------------------
---------------------Xavi--------------
-------------Busi----------------Alves-

Will be interesting to see how he'll line-up for the Classico now...

Clockwise

Buccaneer
what are people talking about? Pep fucked up big time? ffs, it was 1-0 not 7-0. Adriano had a very good match. they could hardly touch the ball the whole first half, and we lost by only one goal, in the second half we were nearly only Leo Messi and Busi on attack.the players should've stepped up when they see Leo surrounded by 5 players and they disappointed. We could've used Villa big time in this match. perhaps, Pep being the genius that he is could do even better (subs), but I don't think Pep did any major wrong.
In Pep I trust. we got this.

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
I don't think he 'fucked up big time', nor do I shoulder an ounce of blame on him, however I believe he could've done a better job with the subs, simple as that.

Maria

Because of many factors:
-injuries/dip of form of players that have been vital for us since aug 2008:pique, Xavi, Iniesta, Pedro
-Villa's injury
-Cesc failling to adapt to our team
-Alexis being injured/inconsistent

this season we have been more deppendent of Messi and Pep then ever before..and when these 2 failled(Villareal away, Osasuna away, last night) the whole team failled. You can't be the best team in the world when you deppend so much on a player. I don't know what Pep should do against RM or Chelsea(who will most likely park the bus at Camp Nou), but it's clear that he shouldn't repeat last night's mistakes.

Last edited:

Clockwise

Buccaneer
I don't think he 'fucked up big time', nor do I shoulder an ounce of blame on him, however I believe he could've done a better job with the subs, simple as that.

my post was not directed specifically to you, CD, I was just wondering why so much Pep blaming was going around, while actually did his job right.

Clockwise

Buccaneer
The Don at LW and Cesc not on the bench.

More than players' positions, it was their sub par performances that got us the result. we could have won with that formation if our only source of goals and assists were not Messi and Busquets. the best last night were Leo, Busi and Puyol and it was not enough.

M

mitkoa7x

More than players' positions, it was their sub par performances that got us the result. we could have won with that formation if our only source of goals and assists were not Messi and Busquets. the best last night were Leo, Busi and Puyol and it was not enough.

I agree, but I think the performance came from the positions they were playing in.

Ender

Shot of the recovery session today.

416.jpg

Caption should read: Pep is not amused.

BarcaOG

Banned
"allright boys

what the fuck was yeserday all about?

cesc- for you an ice cold shower and no chatting with pique today"

CevinK

They all look so serious in pictures from the training session, hope it´s not a bad sign. Usually they laugh or smile in at least couple of pictures.

Yugo Count Dante

I'd legitimately be mad if he does not renew, like the only acceptable reasons not to do so are : Family reasons (more family time ect), health reasons, lifestyle/way of life. If he leaves to another club it would probably be the first time in my life that I will write hate mail, he can have his legend status, but I'd still send hate mail to his manager, new club and everything associated with his that's not FCBarcelona. I'm so worried, Xavi is hiding something from us, I mean what kind of communication do they have if Pep didn't told him already that he is (or not) going to renew.

paxtonpale

Im disappionted with Pep yesterday. The trio of Xavi, Inestia and Busquests is vital for our team and well Inestia is wasted on the wing. Yes, he had a good game but he has more of an impact to the team in the middle with Xavi. Why is Xavi having an all right season this year? Its because Inestia isn't there to help him create chances and hold the midfield. Also Fabregas. This guy has got magic when he comes off the bench. WE have all seen what an impact he has made when coming in vital matches then why not place him on the bench and see what magic he can produce off it and see the reason why we bought him.

Home of Barca Fans