Pep Guardiola

O

oyetunde

LMFAO @ you idiots in here criticizing Pep. because Pep is the one who hit the post 2x or the crossbar 2x or had Villa break his leg in Japan or had Bilal have to have a liver transplant or had Pique get knocked the fuck out. disgusting.

you people are the ultimate "what have you done for me lately" people and you disgust me. especially you Oyentude. I've never seen you once post when things are great, only when Barça falters. fucking fake Cule.

get out of this thread. straight up.
He is the one who got rid of all our goalscorers reducing the odds of us putting de ball in de net.

El Guaje

LMFAO @ you idiots in here criticizing Pep. because Pep is the one who hit the post 2x or the crossbar 2x or had Villa break his leg in Japan or had Bilal have to have a liver transplant or had Pique get knocked the fuck out. disgusting.

you people are the ultimate "what have you done for me lately" people and you disgust me. especially you Oyentude. I've never seen you once post when things are great, only when Barça falters. fucking fake Cule.

get out of this thread. straight up.

And again, it is not only this game. Pep has failed several times during this season.

This game shows he is not capable of doing something else than go all-attack. He should think more, like Mourinho does sometimes and change his gameplan according to the situation that he and his team is in.

He has shown it 100 times that he doesent know how to do it.

Lol @saying fake cule because he is criticizing Pep. He has all rights to do it.

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
He is the one who got rid of all our goalscorers reducing the odds of us putting de ball in de net.

????? this is not 2009 where Barça created 2 chances over 2 legs. There were a plethora of chances that did not go in. that's what happened here. If Pep knew that Pique would be Troy Aikman on the pitch and that Bilal would have a career-threatening procedure done mid-season, I'm sure he would have made signing a CB priority. Even at 2-0, Barça took their foot off of the gas. That's not Pep. that's the players. Pep switching to the 3-4-3 was logical, and based off of 2009 and 2010. the 4-3-3 failed vs Inter and almost failed vs Chelsea. So Pep went with an improved formation and it would have worked if Villa wasn't hurt and Pedro wasn't off-form. He stuck to his principles and went down his way. I have no problem with that. Barça, and Pep, do not sell out. if you want a tall striker and wingbacks to whip the ball in so that they can head it in, go support Chelsea or United or Liverpool.

And again, it is not only this game. Pep has failed several times during this season.

This game shows he is not capable of doing something else than go all-attack. He should think more, like Mourinho does sometimes and change his gameplan according to the situation that he and his team is in.

He has shown it 100 times that he doesent know how to do it.

you typing that Pep should be more like Mourinho shows me everything I need to know about you.

El Guaje

????? this is not 2009 where Barça created 2 chances over 2 legs. There were a plethora of chances that did not go in. that's what happened here. If Pep knew that Pique would be Troy Aikman on the pitch and that Bilal would have a career-threatening procedure done mid-season, I'm sure he would have made signing a CB priority. Even at 2-0, Barça took their foot off of the gas. That's not Pep. that's the players. Pep switching to the 3-4-3 was logical, and based off of 2009 and 2010. the 4-3-3 failed vs Inter and almost failed vs Chelsea. So Pep went with an improved formation and it would have worked if Villa wasn't hurt and Pedro wasn't off-form. He stuck to his principles and went down his way. I have no problem with that. Barça, and Pep, do not sell out. if you want a tall striker and wingbacks to whip the ball in so that they can head it in, go support Chelsea or United or Liverpool.

you typing that Pep should be more like Mourinho shows me everything I need to know about you.

It would be better if he became like mourinho, but only in some aspects.
I like Pep more than Mourinho but Mourinho is atleast capable of changing gameplan according to the situation.

There are no ifs buts blabla that is pure BS. Villa and Pedro are not here, what you say is just pure speculation.

Pep is stubborn, like Wenger. He keeps doing the same thing even if it fails.

Whats the problem with wing backs and a tall player? That is something Barca could use if they cant forcce their way through the middle.

3-4-3, the oh so much improved formation costed us seeral games this season.

Pep got rid of Etoo and other goalscorers in order to play 64789853 midfielders. Gg pep.

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
But it didn't fail. the 2-1-4-3 [2=Puyol and Mascherano; 1=Busquets; 4=Xavi, Cesc, Alves, Iniesta; 3=Leo, Alexis, and Cuenca] created enough chances to win the tie in the first half. players just didn't finish.

again, this was not a case of 2009 vs Chelsea or 2010 vs Inter. Barça created chances and should have buried them, rather than 2009/2010 when Barça did not create very many chances. That's what every one seems to have lost sight of here. This loss had nothing to do with the 3-4-3 vs the 4-3-3 or not having enough CBs or not having enough players to help Leo.

Barça created chances.
Barça did not score off of chances.

simple as.

however, in 2009 and 2010 the issue was that Barça did not create chances. today it was that Barça were wasteful.

I call that progress. no?

B

beautifulgame

But it didn't fail. the 2-1-4-3 [2=Puyol and Mascherano; 1=Busquets; 4=Xavi, Cesc, Alves, Iniesta; 3=Leo, Alexis, and Cuenca] created enough chances to win the tie in the first half. players just didn't finish.

again, this was not a case of 2009 vs Chelsea or 2010 vs Inter. Barça created chances and should have buried them, rather than 2009/2010 when Barça did not create very many chances. That's what every one seems to have lost sight of here. This loss had nothing to do with the 3-4-3 vs the 4-3-3 or not having enough CBs or not having enough players to help Leo.

Barça created chances.

simple as.

however, in 2009 and 2010 the issue was that Barça did not create chances. today it was that Barça were wasteful.

spot on friend.

Pep did his job plus some. He does his job like few others have in the history of this profession.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom

Not to sound like a broken record, but Pep did have defensive options, look at how Caceres is doing now that teams have showed faith in him. Going into this season it should have been obvious we had zero defensive depth and the club responded by..buying Cesc.

Furthermore, Pep has constantly tried to reinvent the wheel this season by throwing as many midfielders as possible out there. Sometimes it works, usually against garbage teams, but the point remains that Cesc, Iniesta and Xavi have never played their best together. It's simple, too many similar players and they get in each others way. And the way this team has approached games overconfident, part of that falls on Pep.

Really to curse bad luck is absurd, they couldn't come back against a 10 man Chelsea. Obviously this loss has brought out the trolls and drama queens but are you surprised?

He does his job like few others have in the history of this profession.

Yet hasn't done his job as successfully as Mourinho has. :troll:

Last edited:
B

beautifulgame

One or two defenders plus a top striker will do the job Nolan.

For me, this is not the time to critisize. There will be plenty of time to figure out what to do in the summer. For now, I just hope the fans show Pep the appreciation he deserves.

P.S. Even he did make plenty of mistakes, if the team would have converetd chances this season that would be the end of it.

I can why one would blame some of the senior players for being complacent but Pep's ideas showed us the game against Madrid and Chelsea that they work. Barca created more clear cut chances against both these teams than they have dreamt of in the past.

El Guaje

Barça created chances.

simple as.

What about the parts of the game when they couldnt do shit against the parked bus?

The best thing would have been to pull the team back as soon as we got the 2-0 goal.

Why force the ball through the middle when it clearly doesent work? Our 2 goals came from tje side. The penalty came from there and the offside goal came from there.

What abou the retarded sub decisions?

I have also said it, barca made chances, didnt take advantage and got punished. That is on the players, but Pep has a huge part in what went wrong too.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
One or two defenders plus a top striker will do the job Nolan.

For me, this is not the time to critisize. There will be plenty of time to figure out what to do in the summer. For now, I just hope the fans show Pep the appreciation he deserves.

P.S. Even he did make plenty of mistakes, if the team would have converetd chances this season that would be the end of it.

I can why one would blame some of the senior players for being complacent but Pep's ideas showed us the game against Madrid and Chelsea that they work. Barca created more clear cut chances against both these teams than they have dreamt of in the past.

But now is the time to criticize. The team has showed just how mortal it is, there's nothing wrong with that but it's time to learn from the sense of entitlement that Barca, their fans, and yes their coach have showed all season long. There is really nothing defendable about that game. It happens, but it means learn from it, not bury your head in the sand.

This doesn't mean it's time to fire Pep and take Xavi and Puyol to the back of the shed to be shot, obviously. The overreaction is hilarious but quite expected. But we got to be honest here. Pep was guilty of over-managing this season, and I hope he learns from it.

Let me remind you, Fernando Torres scored on them.

Home of Barca Fans