Pep Guardiola

Yugo Count Dante

ok people, prepare yourself for the worst, new coach? (tito staying?), players form uncertain? (Messi under new coach?), new style? (LOL, lol is an understatement)

Clks

Anyone won't be as good as Pep, he was a La Masia product, cared for the team and cantera and was a hero to the players. If he goes we won't be anything like the past 3-4 seasons.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
I hate to make you guys realise this, but success and failure are two sides of the same coin in this situation.

Pep can decide to stay and hope for success in order to leave the team on a high, or he can look at it from the point of view that he has failed, the team needs fresh imput from someone else as he may feel he can't do that.

:(....

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
Exactly..I've staid away from this forum these days because of people like El Guaje(who blames Pep for being to stubborn and inflexible with his tactics, but then is unhappy because of the 3-4-3 formation he used this season).

If it's one mistake Pep made this season and I've been saying this from the summer, not now when it's obvious for everyone, is Cesc. I wanted a striker or a defender instead of him, but now it's already to late for Pep to change his mind and sell him like he did with Ibra. I've also defended Keita's use in Milan( when many journalist were accusing Pep of being to deffensive and because they thought 0-0 was a bad result) and I would have preffered him in London instead of Cesc. But this is all I can criticize of Pep..it's not his fault that Pique, Xavi, Iniesta, Villa, Abidal and Pedro were affected by long or recurring injuries, that VV and Alves have been subpar, or that Alexis failed in London and Messi missed a penalty.

After so many moments of joy that this man and his team have given us, now is the moment to support him no matter what. If he stays, some though and unpopular decisions will have to be made(like the one he did at his arrival in 2008) and that's what is probably keeping Pep from remaining with Barca. I for one would gladly accept a trophyless season if that means Pep remains another year and rebuilds the team.
Whats wrong with all of you having few bad games doesn't mean we are in a crysis. Getting freaked out why guys keep on saying we got to rebuild, this is the same team that conquered europe last year and maybe there are a few things that should be sorted out but not the so called 'rebuilding'.Pep should stay now whatever he was thinking earlier it doesn't matter.We need him to stay and reach the levels of previous seasons.We have won 3 trophies this year and are in the Cdr final.We'll be back but stop saying we need to rebuild maybe 1 or 2 signing could be possible but thats it no need to overhaul the squad.But as far as complaining Pep for the failure in the recent matches well if Pep was to blame they might have forgot we have won 3 titles this season and got a chance to win 1 more its all because of him.If any thing we have got to thank him, we cannot win the league and CL every season.

Yugo Count Dante

I hate to make you guys realise this, but success and failure are two sides of the same coin in this situation.

Pep can decide to stay and hope for success in order to leave the team on a high, or he can look at it from the point of view that he has failed, the team needs fresh imput from someone else as he may feel he can't do that.

:(....
Yes, if he doesn't stay, it doesn't mean the team will be bad or anything, however it will never be the same, and this era will be over. It doesn't mean that the new era will be a failure, or fail to win trophies or anything, but it will not be the same, not because of major things but subtle things... things we got accustomed to the past 4 years.

BigBarcaBoy

There is not a need to rebuild, 2 or 3 signings (CB, LB and a replacement for Keita) are needed. Hopefully Pep will stay but he should only stay if it is truly in his heart. Whoever took hi place would not need to change much at all just slight tinkering but overall it would be a dream job for anyone.

mixer

Several media and journalists claim that Guardiola has decided not to renew his contract, ahead of a meeting with president Rosell today.

Guardiola met yesterday for 3 hours with president at his home. He's more likely not to renew, announcement of final decision tomorrow.

Entourage of Guardiola as well as the club don't make any comment on decision to renew or not. Players will be first informed tomorrow.

Home of Barca Fans