Pep Guardiola

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
this is a non-factor. you could've said the same about pep. i love bielsa but i hope pep stays.
No, it is not a non-factor man... AVB is actually a very good manager, tactician and all. But has he achieved what he was expected to with Chelsea?
The thing with managing a big club is that the players are superstars! And to manage that kinda superstars well, you gotta first earn their respect. They have to fear you!!
Even though Guardiola was a rookie, he had the respect of the players because he's a Barca legend. That and the success he had with B team. And of course because we were at our lowest of times the previous season. It is not so now!!

I'd vote for Tito if he's healthy enough after the recent operation...

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Not end of era people... It's not the end of the world if Pep didn't renew.

The most beautiful thing about his time here is definitely the core team mainly consisting of the Cantera graduates... The will to win will still remain even if Guardiola decided to leave.

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
damn this can't be true what is pep thinking, this is pure betrayal...

leaving the Club at this hour looks unjustified .. I agree . But at the moment cules are too much devoted into Guardiola ... they are feeling grateful and not betrayed or something ....

Yugo Count Dante

leaving the Club at this hour looks unjustified .. I agree . But at the moment cules are too much devoted into Guardiola ... they are feeling grateful and not betrayed or something ....
he should have balls to stay after we lost some decisive games, take the challenge... and he is more than a coach in a way... even if there will be a good successor it will obviously not be the same, and style change is practically inevitable. Not to mention Messi... who knows what happens with him... FCK I don't even think Guardiola is so stupid to leave NOW, his love for the club should be more than his personal ambitions that still can come.

Like I said, only acceptable reason for him to leave is personal reasons, if he feels he needs to rest his head, OK fine! but leaving for another club is simply BETRAYAL, he can have his coach ambitions in Barcelona.

impeh

Hi, its me..
wouldnt surprise me unfortunately, as he's left it so late. With pep its all about motivation in his players, and i think they kinda let him down in the last week :(

Hopefully he'll stay.. but new coach, new ideas.. hmm.

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
a journalist from MD sends me this message : " officially nobody knows. Tomorrow we will know it for sure .but if you are asking about my personal opinion ... I think it is a gone case . very sad for pep to leave us now... but I think the Board is still trying to persuade pep ..that is why they set up a meeting with tito yesterday... and i don't think pep did the same thing last year when he renewed ... did he call rosell and tell him , he wants to keep this as a secret and first wants to convey the message to his players .. ??? why is he doing it now... "

translated frm spanish ... and Pep met tito yesterday....!!

Yugo Count Dante

Ok, since nobody knows, I'll trust Pep that he is intelligent enough to know that he must renew(if he has coaching ambitions that is). If he wants more family time I'll understand, and I'd still be sad but not mad, unlike if he decides to piss to another club where he most likely will suffer more since there are not many squads that come even close to the Barcelona quality, and youths that he could use in the first team. Pep be wise...

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Ok, since nobody knows, I'll trust Pep that he is intelligent enough to know that he must renew(if he has coaching ambitions that is). If he wants more family time I'll understand, and I'd still be sad but not mad, unlike if he decides to piss to another club where he most likely will suffer more since there are not many squads that come even close to the Barcelona quality, and youths that he could use in the first team. Pep be wise...
You should know by now that with Pep this decision isn't really based on his ability to analyse the situation from an intellectual angle, it's all about feeling. He has said in the past that if he could, he'd sign a 6-monthly contract because this job is so tough. If he "feels" that he can no longer give the job 100%, then he will go, he won't think about what it will do for his career after all he has nothing to prove at Barca anymore.

Home of Barca Fans