Pep Guardiola

aRegularAce

Yeah, couldn't agree more with pep to be honest. Not too happy with pep's reluctance to sign a new contract though(if the report is true) Pep has to stay !:sad:

Last edited:

Evil

Shabazz
Pep just said that if Eto'o stays, Barca won't be signing Ibrahimovich. Exactley the opposite of what Laporta said yesterday when he claimed that Ibra is coming wether Eto'o leaves or not.

^^ Our managment should really start agreeing on stuff, just gives us a bad image tbh.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Incredible isn't it? Of the two I'd consider Pep the far more measured person, Laporta seems to engage mouth before brain most of the time.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I'm tired of the same statements "in Pep we trust". I think that he's is getting big headed and let's his emotions run free. He wanted Eto'o out last season, but ask yourselfes - would we win the treble if not for Eto'o. Impossible to answer, but we did win it with Eto'o and he had a main role. I'm afraid that Pep will turn into another Mourinho, the tendencies are there imo.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
You're basically saying that the team should never change after a successful season, that's a recipe for stagnation and plays into the hands of the rest of the teams in Spain and Europe. Pep is the person who has to make these decisions and he believes that the way to keep things fresh and keep the side hungry is to change the striker. Giving the opposition a different set of problems to deal with up front doesn't seem like a bad idea to me.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
You're basically saying that the team should never change after a successful season, that's a recipe for stagnation and plays into the hands of the rest of the teams in Spain and Europe. Pep is the person who has to make these decisions and he believes that the way to keep things fresh and keep the side hungry is to change the striker. Giving the opposition a different set of problems to deal with up front doesn't seem like a bad idea to me.

I'm not saying that the team should never change, that would maybe not be good for us :lol: But what I'm saying is that Pep wanted Eto'o out already last season and just look at what he did for us.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Yes he did well but Pep obviously believes that with Ibra the side will be even better. Pep has obviously never liked Etoo and it seems now he will get his way and get rid of Samu. The manager has to have a squad he's comfortable working with and clearly Pep and Etoo failed to see eye to eye on occasions.

[FCB]Messi[10

Yes he did well but Pep obviously believes that with Ibra the side will be even better. Pep has obviously never liked Etoo and it seems now he will get his way and get rid of Samu. The manager has to have a squad he's comfortable working with and clearly Pep and Etoo failed to see eye to eye on occasions.

I agree with Cule Angles on this. I think Pep knows whats better for the team, so if he thinks Eto'o shouldn't be in Barca no more then let him leave.

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
CONI to re-open doping charges on Pep

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=664527&sec=europe&cc=5901

even though Pep was cleared on nandrolone charges via appeal, the Italian anti-doping prosecutor wants to re-open the case, and has persuaded the Italian Olympic Committee (CONI) to do exactly that.

WTF?!!? why is Ettore Torri digging this case up? Can someone find out if he's an Ibrahimovic/Inter fan? Google gives me nothing.

Beast

The Observer
Guadiola drug case to be reopened

Has this come out of the blue? This is the first im hearing about this.

By the way i foresee a big debate between culés and madridistas. Keep it civil guys.

not really it's a known thing .. i would criticize a player found doping and i did hit Pep hard before for this on the other forum as a player
.. however he is a manager now it's irrelevant .. what he do in his off the pitch time is his own.. could be a joke material but doesn't effect his statues ..

maz

I walk the line
I dont mean about the drug issue, i mean the fact that the case is being reopened. I thought the whole thing was put to bed a long time ago. Like you say its all in the past and seems pretty irrelevant.

Home of Barca Fans