Pep Guardiola

FCBNOF

Momo un Bello Uomo
LOL he's not "history" yet, he's kind of "present". and we already have a thread on him. ;)

Good effort you put in though!

Evil

Shabazz
I already told you not to open a new thread when you asked me because we already have one. Appreciate the effort anyways.

Madness

Pep's new cleats/boots

Has anybody noticed Pep's new cleats/boots? He started wearing them during training sessions a few weeks ago. They are the Nike Tiempo Super Ligera. :worthy::pep:

I mention this because I came across these cleats a few months ago while looking for better soccer cleats. After doing some extensive research I decided to buy the Super Ligera's for a few reasons.

1) They are very flexible. The base plate has "flex grooves" that allow for the plate to bend significantly while maintaining a strong plate. Flexibility allows you to have greater foot agility and more precise movement of the ball.

2) The soft kangaroo leather upper allows for great touch on the ball.

3) The shoe is 25% lighter than the original Nike Tiempo. This is a very noticeable difference. A lighter shoe can improve your foot speed.

4) The shorter stud length makes the shoe usable on a larger variety of surfaces. The original Tiempo studs are longer. Longer studs are only good on soft surfaces. Using long studs on hard surfaces can have a damaging affect on your joints and groin especially. Also, the short round studs create less rotational torque force on your ankle and knee joints, which is important for reducing the chance of ligament injury.

5) The sole is a bit wider than the original Tiempo as well. This adds to the increased comfort of the shoe. Increased comfort and less blisters equals more playing time.:party00231:

6) The cleats are designed with midfielders in mind. Similar to the Adidas Copa, the relatively "flat" stance of the shoe is better for midfielders. Whereas the more aggressive "forward" stance of the Adidas F50 and Nike Vapor are suited to strikers who are accelerating more often and need their weight to be on their toes.

As somebody that plays soccer and, more importantly, trains other soccer players, it is crucial that I find ways of reducing injuries while improving performance. Hopefully this information will help you find a shoe that fits your individual needs as a player.

I believe that these cleats are the best on the market right now. Unfortunately, Nike mainly markets these cleats in Japan so they might be hard to come by.

Last edited:

Necro Spaaw

NeSaVlaDiV
Guardiola finally cleared in Brescia dope scandal

Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola has been cleared in a long-running doping saga.

Guardiola served a four-month ban for failing tests for nandrolone while a Brescia player in 2001 but in May the Italian soccer federation finally upheld his appeal.

Italy's anti-doping prosecutor challenged the decision but a tribunal has now ruled in Guardiola's favour.

'The issue has been put to bed and that's that. The good thing is that it's over and we can look forward,' Guardiola told a news conference after Barca's 2-0 Champions League win over Dynamo Kiev at the Nou Camp.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=681182&sec=europe&cc=5739

Home of Barca Fans