Pep Guardiola

A

ArsenalN5

Last season I heard alot of Arsenal fans saying Pep would be the way to go when Wenger's gone.

I'm not so sure, don't think he'd leave Barca for 1, 2 I don't think he'd be good for us.

Others saying Jose would be the way to go, haha....God no.

Trequartista

The good
when pep goes,it will be for man utd
and you dont think he will be good for you?:lol: even avram grant would do a better job than wenger rightnow

A

ArsenalN5

when pep goes,it will be for man utd
and you dont think he will be good for you?:lol: even avram grant would do a better job than wenger rightnow

He's only ever managed Barcelona, my cat could win titles with that team.

I don't think he'd be good because, he wouldn't have unlimited funds to sign World Class players.
He'd do worse than Wenger IMO, anyone would.

(Not saying Wenger is best manager in the world....But it would be catastrophic for Arsenal if Wenger left now.)

Trequartista

The good
He's only ever managed Barcelona, my cat could win titles with that team.

I don't think he'd be good because, he wouldn't have unlimited funds to sign World Class players.
He'd do worse than Wenger IMO, anyone would.

(Not saying Wenger is best manager in the world....But it would be catastrophic for Arsenal if Wenger left now.)
if 8-2 against your rival is not catastrophic then i am not sure what is?you arsenal fans need to know that arsenal will be a far better team without the frenchman,he has done well in his early days at the club and its time for him to go
by the way since its pep's thread i hate the "team have too many superstarts so its pep do nothing" stuff,this talk is just nonsense

A

ArsenalN5

if 8-2 against your rival is not catastrophic then i am not sure what is?

1 result, without most of our first team starters.

6 players started that would not usually. Ok, a team like Arsenal is claiming to be should have better depth, I agree but yeah.

rmpcsl

I only watch the saturday game today and I have a question why not play with the first team and when its 3-0 he can substitute them besides I think Pep continues to make experiences and we are not in the preseason.
We have 3 defensive leaders on the bench Puy/Masc/Abi at least 1 of them has to play IMO.
Plus if we need to score quickly we cannot have a player like Keita starting to run the offense.

La LL

Generally Delightful
Was reading a Danish newspaper this morning. There was an interesting article on Pep.

Basically, it was about how Pep was a supernatural, not merely at coaching but in leading and that he could get FCB to rally totally behind him (all of the club, not just the board, president and players) and become an unstoppable force. He is a natural leader, a Catalan coach for a Catalan team, firm and fair, young and succesful. The article delved mostly with his leadership skills and claimed that that was key to success.

It's an interesting view but of course he wouldn't have gone this far if he wasn't sublimely talented as a coach as well. Still, the players devotion to and respect for him is unquestionable. There's not a coach in the world that has the same relationship with his squad as Pep does.

Vegy

What he needs most right now is a pacey CB, someone who can keep up with the likes of Pato, Ronaldo, Rooney etc... You cannot play a high line with the likes of Macherano or Busquets(like he did today). They aren't experienced enough to intercept counters and fast enough to recover when they make a mistake. Puyol is getting old and Fontas doesn't look that fast. Pique needs a fast partner.

Also, he needs to do something about our corner kicks(Those one-two's are getting old). We have the shortest team in CL so they are a problematic area for us. I fear what will happen if we face the likes of Chelsea or ManCity.

dalitis8

Banned
It seems that our players are training heavily at the moment so that they build condition for the future. That is why they seem so heavy.

It may also explain the injuries.

Home of Barca Fans