Philippe Coutinho

Zidane82

What is this? Makes him look like an under average player. Hope this is not you trying to prove your point.

Missing out on champions league... Whooping 12 goals...strikes against bolton, backburn and aston villa

If you are just gonna be obtuse .. adios

Leo_Messi

Not sure what is more tragicomic; Coutinho?s current level, his overall performances at the club, the fact that he remains at the club, the idea of him somehow ever being a world-beater, his transfer fee, him being hailed as the Iniesta replacement and the countless of other absurdities that one could mention.

In other words another example of the many spineless and mentally destroyed (PTSD patients) frauds within the current squad that needs to be removed for good once and for all.

soul24rage

Not sure what is more tragicomic; Coutinho?s current level, his overall performances at the club, the fact that he remains at the club, the idea of him somehow ever being a world-beater, his transfer fee, him being hailed as the Iniesta replacement and the countless of other absurdities that one could mention.

In other words another example of the many spineless and mentally destroyed (PTSD patients) frauds within the current squad that needs to be removed for good once and for all.

Welcome back :cheers:

mc_lovin

Fingers crossed we manage to get rid of him in January. There has been talk that in our 487ME loss this year we included writing off certain assets (like Coutinho, Pjanic...). We will get nowhere near the ~30ME he's still on the books with otherwise. And Gavi already offers the same with twice the workrate.

ajnotkeith

You don't get a spot and playing time in the Bayern that beat us 8-2 if you are a shit player. He's talented, not the money we paid for him, but if he finds his right fit after leaving he will do good again.

olivis

You don't get a spot and playing time in the Bayern that beat us 8-2 if you are a shit player. He's talented, not the money we paid for him, but if he finds his right fit after leaving he will do good again.

He was benched quickly. Perisic was starting over him.
Bayern fans think he floppes hard. He scored some goals but that's about it.

Lewandowski even gifted him penalties so he could raise his confidence because he was flopping so hard.

iniestaGOAT

He didn't have a spot in that Bayern team. If he was any good they would have signed him.

delancey

He didn't have a spot in that Bayern team. If he was any good they would have signed him.

I don?t agree. They saw an opportunity to borrow a very good player for peanuts relative to what he cost us. Just because they didn?t activate the purchase option doesn?t mean he wasn?t any good for them. It merely means that he was too expensive for Bayern at 100m+.

iniestaGOAT

I don?t agree. They saw an opportunity to borrow a very good player for peanuts relative to what he cost us. Just because they didn?t activate the purchase option doesn?t mean he wasn?t any good for them. It merely means that he was too expensive for Bayern at 100m+.

He would have cost them 20-30m in transfer fee not 100m+

delancey

He would have cost them 20-30m in transfer fee not 100m+
I don?t believe that is accurate. The purchase option was around 100m, if I recall correctly. If I?m wrong, I?ll stand corrected.

Edit: here is one source claiming 120m euros.

https://www.google.ch/amp/s/en.as.com/en/2020/05/23/soccer/1590221376_114429.amp.html

Last edited:

MTL_Barca

I don't even think Bayern ever seriously considered buying him, that's why they agreed on that high purchase option. They were desperate for a big name attacker after failing Sane (and him getting injured) and not having another plan that summer so they went for last minute loans.

His salary would've also been a problem, even if Barca was ready to sell for a lower fee. Overall he was just average for them.

delancey

I agree that they never considered signing him permanently. They saw an opportunity to bring in a recognizable name short-term, and they seized it.

Raketa10

If he will continue to play like crap during the next two months we should definitely try to sell him in January. It's probably the last chance to get anything for him. I would honestly let him go for free if anyone is willing to accept his salary demands.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans