Philippe Coutinho

CatalinR10

Yeah if Aston Villa use their buy option. If they don't then maybe more but likely less :lol:

Would depend on how many teams want him.

So , for example , if Villa doesn't use their buy option for whatever reason and Newcastle join to sign him , we can negotiate and ask more than 40 , no ?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
So , for example , if Villa doesn't use their buy option for whatever reason and Newcastle join to sign him , we can negotiate and ask more than 40 , no ?

Yup.

I think Aston Villa might use it though. Read Gerrard is pushing them to sign him on a permanent deal.

Catta

So there are reports that Aston Villa have doubts about signing this flop. We won't get any money for him, just hope he leaves in the summer on a free, instead of returning and stinking up the place for another year.

Worst transfer in the history of the sport.

khaled_a_d

So there are reports that Aston Villa have doubts about signing this flop. We won't get any money for him, just hope he leaves in the summer on a free, instead of returning and stinking up the place for another year.

Worst transfer in the history of the sport.

Of coarse they have doubts when his buy option is 40M, has huge salary and is 30 years old with 1 year left in contract.
Can be an obvious negotiation tactic, I can see them buying him at the end for a reduced cost.

Co0ter

Given how we let Suarez go for 1mil and Dembele/Messi for free, even 30mil for Coutinho would be the transfer of the decade for Barca. I wonder if AM will start benching Griezman on purpose so they dont have to buy him either.

khaled_a_d

Given how we let Suarez go for 1mil and Dembele/Messi for free, even 30mil for Coutinho would be the transfer of the decade for Barca. I wonder if AM will start benching Griezman on purpose so they dont have to buy him either.

Atletico need to secure CL spot. Will be tough to tell Simoeone to bench him.
Coutinho on 10M will be steal tbh

Co0ter

Atletico need to secure CL spot. Will be tough to tell Simoeone to bench him.
Coutinho on 10M will be steal tbh

Yea but apparently the played games percentage includes next season. He can play him this season, bring in reinforcements and teeter around the 50% games played line next season.

Andresito

Staff member
Yea but apparently the played games percentage includes next season. He can play him this season, bring in reinforcements and teeter around the 50% games played line next season.

50% is really easy to reach though. It's 50% of the games he's available for, meaning it doesn't count if he's injured.

Lenglet who's played fuck all for us this season has been available for 42 games and played in 23 which equals about 55%.

gregorrin10

I'm starting to feel nervous guys.

I feel you. He's been largely underwhelming for Villa in the last month and a half, kinda like in all his time at Barca. If this goes on until the end of the season, they could easily start backing out of the option to buy or want to renegotiate it to lower it by a quarter or even half of what it is (if they do that or even show any signs of wanting to do that, we absolutely shouldn't budge and just sell him to Arsenal or Spurs for that 40M).

Really hoping for good performance from him and for some G/A for him against Norwich today, so that his hype goes back up again. And also because he's in my FPL team for this one. :p

Home of Barca Fans