Philippe Coutinho

ArtistCatalunya

The only thing I remember about coutinho is scoring 2 goals against barca, coming from the bench (when the team already conceided 6 goals) to accentuate the humiliation when he is still a player of barca. Awful !

Last edited:

ajnotkeith

I get that it's been a tough time for him and he's under a lot of pressure by the fans but refusing to come on for your team is shocking behaviour, especially when you have played like garbage and are on 300k a week, least you can do is try your best and make yourself available to the team and not be a bitch.

ajnotkeith

I don't think there is any precedent for it in LaLiga but something similar happened with Tevez at Man City and they were looking at breaking the contract.

He should train with Barca B for the next weeks.

iniestaGOAT

I get that it's been a tough time for him and he's under a lot of pressure by the fans but refusing to come on for your team is shocking behaviour, especially when you have played like garbage and are on 300k a week, least you can do is try your best and make yourself available to the team and not be a bitch.

What was the reason he didnt want to come on? Cause he was going to get abused by fans?

ajnotkeith

What was the reason he didnt want to come on? Cause he was going to get abused by fans?

No one has said anything about it but I assume so. We went up 3-0 and he looked like he was about to fall asleep on the bench, didn't care or crack a smile at all. He doesn't even care if the teams wins or loses anymore clearly.

ArtistCatalunya

I think he should return to the games and try to regain some shape and better performance.
You tell me why ? Because as he is now, no club is willing to ask for him.
He needs to make some goals with barca so other clubs might trust him again and make a bid for him. Otherwise, we have no option than to keep the player.

ajnotkeith

He's checked out mentally of football and is just milking us for the fat contract we gave him. Not surprised he didn't want to reduce his salary. He doesn't even want to fucking play when the coach tries to sub him on. Looked like he was about to cry when his own team went up 3-0.

ajnotkeith

I think he should return to the games and try to regain some shape and better performance.
You tell me why ? Because as he is now, no club is willing to ask for him.
He needs to make some goals with barca so other clubs might trust him again and make a bid for him. Otherwise, we have no option than to keep the player.

I don't think there is any possibility for him to have a good game for Barca again. He lost all sense of caring about football for this club.

We also know Brazilian players typically don't last that long, I wouldn't be surprised if he just checks out and goes to China or Turkey or Qatar next. Maybe we can sell him to Xavis old team in a cut price deal

Home of Barca Fans