Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

malvolio

According to Sport, Aubameyang has 'shown his desire to play for Barca' after agreeing to see out the rest of the season earning 'practically nothing.'

Aubameyang is on a mission to 're-state his case as one of the world's best strikers' and he feels he can do that at Barca.

Guess money is not everything ...

Easier to say when he has been earning 14 million basic for the past few years

arsenal are still the ones paying his salary no? what's this bullshit about him coming for nothing?

the guy is out of favor there, is already loaded so it kind of makes sense for him to have a 6 months vacation in sunny barcelona.

he can prove himself here and get a fat contract elsewhere in the summer. might still leave for qatar, middle east type club. opportunity to play for barca will never come around ever again in his career though.

JamDav1982

arsenal are still the ones paying his salary no? what's this bullshit about him coming for nothing?

the guy is out of favor there, is already loaded so it kind of makes sense for him to have a 6 months vacation in sunny barcelona.

he can prove himself here and a fat contract elsewhere in the summer. might still leave for qatar, middle east type club. opportunity to play for barca will never come around ever again in his career though.

Maybe he does really well at Barca and agrees a pay off to stay at Barca on decent salary.

I would bet that proving himself and staying in some kind of role is a target for him.

If still has the Vardy legs he could be a very good back up for more than this time.

malvolio

Maybe he does really well at Barca and agrees a pay off to stay at Barca on decent salary.

I would bet that proving himself and staying in some kind of role is a target for him.

If still has the Vardy legs he could be a very good back up for more than this time.

so he forfeits the salary arsenal owes him? i say someone pays in the end, seems it's us. not that i'm against it.

JamDav1982

so he forfeits the salary arsenal owes him? i say someone pays in the end, seems it's us. not that i'm against it.

Seems like it yes would be giving up most if not all of Arsenal Salary. Not seen anything concrete either way though.

Maybe some kind of bonus related to making CL from Barca? Or just him wanting to play football again and willing to take risk to get a new club/contract as soon as he can.

behindbrowneyes

Doesn't he suffer from heart issues since he had COVID?

I'd rather have a proven one like him than experiments like KPB. This Auba cat has 233 goals and 57 assists in 376 games for Dortmund and Arsenal. Can't deny that he knows how to score.

Only reason for Arsenal to let him leave on loan for "free" is that Auba passes on his Arsenal salary and is happy with what Barca can pay him. Otherwise Arsenal won't agree.

Jakabor

I know he is getting up there in age (he is 32 years old), but he still has:
- 98 goals and 22 assists in 144 matches in the Bundesliga
- 68 goals and 16 assists in 128 matches in the Premier League

He is a true 9. A striker who could help us get top 4.

Luuk de Jong and Braithwaite are just subs.

With Fati and Depay injured we need a true 9 to help Ferran, Adama + Depay and Fati when they get back.

Jakabor

I'd rather have a proven one like him than experiments like KPB. This Auba cat has 233 goals and 57 assists in 376 games for Dortmund and Arsenal. Can't deny that he knows how to score.

You nailed it.

He obviously needs to get back to form. But he really is a proven goalscorer. The only proven 9 we have been linked to.

He is NOT one for the future given his age, but he could help Barca get top 4.

Auba >>> Morata in terms of scoring.

Sure Morata knows the culture and language and all that... but Morata does NOT score enough. Putrid record for a so called 9.

El Gato

Villarato!
He's not really a 9. Goes out wider fairly often from what I remember, sort of like Rashford or Fati, but memory may be sketchy, didnt watch him in good form in years.

delancey

Evidently he traveled to Barcelona on his own dime. Club didn?t even know he?d be traveling to Barcelona today. Lol A man with a plan!

Jakabor

He's not really a 9. Goes out wider fairly often from what I remember, sort of like Rashford or Fati, but memory may be sketchy, didnt watch him in good form in years.

He is a 9 for Barca. Maybe shifting with Ferran. But Adama and Ferran will start on the wings with Auba in the middle (if he arrives).

Devils

The only reason he is here is so we can make top 4.

If he helps us achieve this, then it will have been a successful loan.

Welcome Auba!

Home of Barca Fans