Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

iniestaGOAT

Apparently we've actually managed to make that 1 year optional, so we can even release him after just 6 months, if he doesn't work out (or if we don't make top 4 I imagine). Worst case scenario he stays as a backup to Haaland for one more year, since LDJ is going back to Sevilla and we're probably selling Braithwaite. Crazy. #AlemanyMasterClass

Auba as back up to haaland is the best case scenario bro

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I don't believe Arsenal will be paying some of his wages for the next 6 months. Not only were they willing to let him go for nothing, they are willing to pay portions of his wages just to get him out of there? Really?

gregorrin10

Big fan of Auba at Dortmund. Who knows now.

Is he fast anymore? Don?t watch football quite like I used to so I have no clue if he?s even good anymore.

He declined quite a bit since signing that last contract extension at Arsenal, but I honestly think that was more a mental thing. Got worse for him in the last year or so, when he also had trouble in his personal life with his mom being sick (that's why he was actually stripped of his captaincy, because he was in France to see her, but delayed his stay, didn't tell Arsenal about it and thus also breached covid protocols). I think it's more of a case of losing his motivation, after getting that big 350k per week contract, rather than losing his pace and ability. Unlucky Arsenal, since pretty much the same thing happened with Ozil, so that's twice in a row for them. As for Auba, he was fantastic in his first 2 and a half years with them, being the league's top scorer TWICE and single handedly winning them the FA Cup. He was the best striker in the PL at the time. But after that pay rise and with trouble in his personal life he just couldn't recover that form anymore. Plus the timing also coincided with Arteta coming in. And they just never quite got along so that also hurt his form.

You'd imagine getting a chance at a truly top club (Dortmund and Arsenal aren't it, all due respect, but they're not Barca, Real, Bayern, City, Liverpool, PSG) for the first time in his career just when he thought he was never gonna get that chance, (probably resided himself to earn some more big bucks finishing that contract with Arsenal, then probably head outside of Europe) plus us not giving him a huge contract. All this could have him flying on the pitch like in his first 2 years at Arsenal, trying to prove himself. I have faith that he can bring us something, especially in terms of finishing and goals, which we most need right now. He can play up top like he did with Arsenal in his last season, with his height he can give us something in the headers department too. And with his pace he can play LW as well, which is another big plus, especially after losing Fati again. And if Xavi decides to play Ferran in the false nine role, Auba and Adama on the wings would be great for running in behind, exploiting all that space.

This guy scores goals. Pure and simple.
You cannot teach that.
This is a great signing!

Like he said, he scores goals, and a lot of them! And that's exactly what we need! For a short term 6-18 months period, especially when we need quality finishers to help us up front? No brainer.

With Adama and Auba both in, we won't have to rely on Abde and Jutgla (as) much, and that's good, cause they're just not ready to play first team football week in week out yet. Jutgla being 22, he probably never will be. I still have some hope for Abde, but he has to improve significantly as well. Right now though I see him going more the Munir route. I imagine we'll move them both back to the B team permanently, and only call them up in case of suspensions/injuries. Abde probably getting a few more games or at least squad inclusions, especially if we let go of Dembele tomorrow or just refuse to play him.

BBZ8800

Gregorrin, he didn't lose his pace due to mental reasons.
He is almost 33.
Happy or unhappy, players at that age are losing pace rapidly.

Look at Messi and his pace and acceleration lately.

gregorrin10

He is almost 33.

He basically stopped playing defense and running back though. That is a classic case of lost motivation. Yes he might not be the classic LW, able to run in behind anymore. I actually thought he never was that (well maybe back at Dortmund, when he truly was a speed demon), but at Arsenal he already looked best when playing at ST. He's still a lethal finisher, age doesn't make you lose that, especially not at 32. Many are still banging in goals at 36, and we'll have him until he's 34. Xavi can put Ferran or Abde at LW then and just play Auba up top, if we see he doesn't have the pace anymore. We know what proper drive to prove yourself can do to a player, it can reignite a career. At least for some time. And we won't have him for more than 18 months anyway, so he can only positively surprise us really.

gregorrin10

I wanna first see if he is on a decent condition.

If he is, the trio you mention upfront in a 4-3-3 is a no brainer!

We can always switch Ferran and Auba around and put Ferran on the left and Auba up front, if it turns out he doesn't have the pace for LW.

Birdy

We can always switch Ferran and Auba around and put Ferran on the left and Auba up front, if it turns out he doesn't have the pace for LW.

I think Ferran on either wing is a bad idea.
He is meh at best as a winger.
As a striker, he can be gold...

gasgas

He is almost 33.

Wow BBZ loves Auba

But then i looked at his height. Must be happy now we have a target man for your beloved crosses who isnt a sloth (luuk)

Home of Barca Fans