Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

malvolio

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">It’s <a href="https://twitter.com/Auba?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Auba</a> time &#55357;&#56846; <a href="https://t.co/B8eHCnOzYZ">pic.twitter.com/B8eHCnOzYZ</a></p>— FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona) <a href="https://twitter.com/FCBarcelona/status/1488826236533157896?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 2, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Vladinho

OFFICIAL: Aubameyang will sign a contract until June 2025, with an option to agree an exit in 2023. Release clause set at ?100M. #Transfers 🤝✅

Messi983

Before people go crazy about him signing until 2025, we have an "out option" in summer 2023 like with Umtiti. It's just a financial maneuveur to fit him into La Liga salary cap.

JamDav1982

Before people go crazy about him signing until 2025, we have an "out option" in summer 2023 like with Umtiti. It's just a financial maneuveur to fit him into La Liga salary cap.

These 'financial maneuvers' are not without a downside though..

Barca extending Umtiti and signing Auba until 2025 causes issues further down the line and the hit taken at later date.

It is on smaller scale the way clubs are inflating prices on players swapped. Encounter many of same problems later down the road.

Messi983

Barca extending Umtiti and signing Auba until 2025 causes issues further down the line and the hit taken at later date.

It is on smaller scale the way clubs are inflating prices on players swapped. Encounter many of same problems later down the road.

Of course from a financial view it's not ideal but we're doing what we can to improve the team under circumstances. I was mainly talking from a sporting perspective for people who think he'll be here wasting a roster spot until 2025. He won't unless he'll prove to be extremely useful over next 18 months and we'll actually be ok keeping him despite his age.

I think the club is seriously counting salary limit for the 2023/24 season will be over 400m or so (it was reported this could already be case coming season but have my doubts about that) so they could afford to pay around 10-15m (just a guess, don't know exact numbers) to let Umtiti and Auba go. Possibly some other players as well.

Most important thing is that Auba stays healthy and performs on the pitch, this is what we need the most right now. We'll worry about financial consequences of his signing later.

JamDav1982

Of course from a financial view it's not ideal but we're doing what we can to improve the team under circumstances. I was mainly talking from a sporting perspective for people who think he'll be here wasting a roster spot until 2025. He won't unless he'll prove to be extremely useful over next 18 months and we'll actually be ok keeping him despite his age.

I think the club is seriously counting salary limit for the 2023/24 season will be over 400m or so (it was reported this could already be case coming season but have my doubts about that) so they could afford to pay around 10-15m (just a guess, don't know exact numbers) to let Umtiti and Auba go. Possibly some other players as well.

Most important thing is that Auba stays healthy and performs on the pitch, this is what we need the most right now. We'll worry about financial consequences of his signing later.

Agreed it is a signing they have to make but it will be a decent pay off for Auba in 2023 to make up for salary losing now would think.

At a guess I would say it is the amount he would have got from Arsenal in that time minus the 8m they paid him off if rumours true and minus anything Barca paid until then.

For example if due 20m from Arsenal until 2023, take away their 8m to 12m left then deduct whatever Barca pay him... say 8m across 18 months would then leave pay off of 4m in 2023.

Something along those lines but all well worth it if he performs anyway.

jairzinho

Really excited to see how he fits in. The only downside is his age but if he can give us at least 1-2 solid years it would be worth it.

Last edited:

Jakabor

Highly unlikely though seeing as the cap in La Liga will wise in the coming years. The restraints this season won't be nearly the same in the coming years, which is why Barca know they can absorb the wages down the line.

This is good work from Alemany and co.

Home of Barca Fans