Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Barcilliant

Releasing him now saves Arsenal over 20M in the next 18 months of his contract there. That's more than his current market value and if Arteta really 'shits' on him like Koeman did on Pjanic it"s a no brainer for them.

Their squad depth is thin though, so some fans might scream.

I'm bit worried about his physical condition. He is reported to have heart issues since got Covid.

Those heart issues aren't COVID, it's the jab. Look at Aguero. Covered up. Look at Erikson and other players.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Releasing him now saves Arsenal over 20M in the next 18 months of his contract there. That's more than his current market value and if Arteta really 'shits' on him like Koeman did on Pjanic it"s a no brainer for them.

Their squad depth is thin though, so some fans might scream.

I'm bit worried about his physical condition. He is reported to have heart issues since got Covid.

So it looks like we compromised, initially we probably only wanted a 6-month loan deal but they insisted that we take him for the remainder of his contract with them (18-month long) and we budged. Of course Aubayemang also had to compromise by taking a paycut in order to come here.

Huge gamble for us, I am not too happy. If he turns out decent for us, great, if not, we will be looking to sell him or loan him out in 6 months.

BarcaOG

Banned
Wait a second, he is joining us for FREE and signing a permanent deal for 18 months?

So that means Arsenal is giving him up for free even though he has a contract with them?

And it is not a loan, we have to pay his wages for 18 months regardless of how he turns out for us?

What?

i too am incredulous

delancey

No, but it was reported earlier today we have around 2m cap space so it should be less than that.

Cool thanks. That seems awfully low to me. Going from 20m+ Per season to 2m? Auba must really love Barcelona if these figures are accurate... or hate Arteta! 😂

Messi983

Cool thanks. That seems awfully low to me. Going from 20m+ Per season to 2m? Auba must really love Barcelona if these figures are accurate... or hate Arteta! ��

Well, he was already paid half of his wages this season by Arsenal so won't be that big difference. Still a pretty significant pay cut though.

Also, his familly live in Sitges https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sitges so he clearly likes Barcelona.

Home of Barca Fans