Positive Thinking Cules

Windhook

Geared up for Saturday game. Not expecting miracles, but can't hold back my positiveness on Xavi's appointment.

Andresito

Staff member
Very curious to see how we'd look in full force.

We should, if nothing unforeseen happens, have a full squad in January. I'm actually looking forward to (hopefully) having a squad where we can actually choose from different players rather than playing those who are fit.

I'd like to see a fully fit Araujo, competition at RB, competition in midfield and a dynamic attack with some legs (even Braithwaite is welcome at this point).

In a dream world, our strongest XI could be:

ter Stegen
Dest, Eric, Araujo, Alba
Gavi, Frenkie, Pedri (+ Nico)
OD7, Memphis, Ansu

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Very curious to see how we'd look in full force.

We should, if nothing unforeseen happens, have a full squad in January. I'm actually looking forward to (hopefully) having a squad where we can actually choose from different players rather than playing those who are fit.

I'd like to see a fully fit Araujo, competition at RB, competition in midfield and a dynamic attack with some legs (even Braithwaite is welcome at this point).

In a dream world, our strongest XI could be:

ter Stegen
Dest, Eric, Araujo, Alba
Gavi, Frenkie, Pedri (+ Nico)
OD7, Memphis, Ansu

Honestly, with the full squad we arent so bad. We would have problems against the top tier teams but against the other teams we would be equal.

Andresito

Staff member
We've never won EL/Uefa Cup, so there's that.

A semi big title could also be helpful for the youngsters' confidence going forward.

malvolio

We've never won EL/Uefa Cup, so there's that.

A semi big title could also be helpful for the youngsters' confidence going forward.

what makes people think that we have a chance of winning that?

if sevilla gets dumped into the competition then it's game over. even more so when the final is at their ground this season.

Andresito

Staff member
what makes people think that we have a chance of winning that?

if sevilla gets dumped into the competition then it's game over. even more so when the final is at their ground this season.

With a full squad of course we have a chance. We might not be the absolute favourite as if we had gone there 2 years ago. But Barca would be up there. Villarreal won it last year..

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Couldn't care less about us winning the Europa League tbh. All I want is some progression and have us sign some good players. Preferably quick wingers/CF.

Sick and tired of our obsession with slower wingers. It makes no fucking sense. We have one properly quick/rapid forward in our team and he's always injured.

serghei

Couldn't care less about us winning the Europa League tbh. All I want is some progression and have us sign some good players. Preferably quick wingers/CF.

Sick and tired of our obsession with slower wingers. It makes no fucking sense. We have one properly quick/rapid forward in our team and he's always injured.

EL guarantees CL and 1st seed. Well worth it imo. It could save the season if we win it.

Plus EL final is more money than CL Last 16 exit. Winning it is even more.

Winning EL would be great for such a shit problem-ridden season.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Winning EL gets us money, gets us CL spot (I don't believe we have big chance in Liga top 4 tbh) and even top seed in group stage.
It could basically save our entire season and next season as well

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
EL guarantees CL and 1st seed. Well worth it imo. It could save the season if we win it.

Plus EL final is more money than CL Last 16 exit. Winning it is even more.

Winning EL would be great for such a shit problem-ridden season.

Winning EL gets us money, gets us CL spot (I don't believe we have big chance in Liga top 4 tbh) and even top seed in group stage.
It could basically save our entire season and next season as well

Didn't think about that.

I do believe we'll manage to get 4th place though.

serghei

And there's a European Supercup as well, so the chance to win another title. Not bad. Chelsea played a couple of seasons in EL. But I think there are 4-5 teams in EL who are tough opponents. Won't be a walk in the park to win it if we end up there.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

Chelsea have won Europa the year before they won the CL no?

Or thereabouts. Not saying we will follow this trajectory but some cup experience for the young lads wouldn't be bad. And better to do it versus teams we actually have a shot of beating rather than be mentally scarred versus Pool or Bayern.

We're a historical giant who is a 2nd rate club (in terms of football ability) at the moment. No shame in that. RM, Manu, Bayern, Milan, Juventus, Pool have all been here.

Win some semi-decent trophies and build for the future.

Home of Barca Fans