Premier League 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qonny

premier league is the best league because of the amount of viewers, the quality of the players and its unpredictability. Anyone can beat anyone. Cardiff beat mancity, southampton beat liverpool, aston villa beat arsenal, west brom beat manu, newcastle beat chelsea. It's also entertaining where very often you see end to end stuff.

Pardon me for sounding rude, but I think that is just down to the top teams in the premier league being far worse than the top teams in Spain and Germany.

Banana-Rama

obviously i am disappointed with the result today, but i am not too worried about the 7 point gap behind arsenal, as i said before arsenal will drop a lot of points in december and that gap will disappear. i can imagine it will be neck and neck at the top between 4 or 5 teams by january, hopefully united will make a couple of signings in january...

pEllee

Pardon me for sounding rude, but I think that is just down to the top teams in the premier league being far worse than the top teams in Spain and Germany.

Yes and no. Mostly, it's just a case of the other teams being tactically naive in La liga. A lack of defensive discipline, so to speak.

EDIT; The defending in the Bundesliga is worse though.

Last edited:

Ketoth

Not true. The premier league has had 4 champions league finalists over the past 10 years. That trend will continue over the next 10 years. Contrast to two teams from Germany and one team from Spain.

The 6th team in the premier league won the champions league.

Last edited:

Ketoth

obviously i am disappointed with the result today, but i am not too worried about the 7 point gap behind arsenal, as i said before arsenal will drop a lot of points in december and that gap will disappear. i can imagine it will be neck and neck at the top between 4 or 5 teams by january, hopefully united will make a couple of signings in january...

People said we will drop a lot of points in November.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
I think it also has to do with consistency, both managerial and with the actual squad; City constantly revamps their squad, Spurs have completely changed their starting XI and formation, United doesn't have the quality in midfield and both their and Chelsea's old guard is fading, Chelsea has a bunch of young, fairly selfish attackers, Liverpool haven't decided their formation and the experimentation has cost them points, Everton are trying to play possession, pretty football without the right players, and we (Arsenal) are better off then most but Ozil is still adapting and they have been plagued by injuries. I mean, just look at Southampton; on paper, their time belongs nowhere near the top three, but thanks to consistency, solid play and good tactics they've been able to pull off upsets against teams in transition.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
And that, ladies and gentleman, are why they are called Spuds.

Thought United would have won that one, maybe Moyes is actually having an effect.

Arsenal don't have the easiest of Decembers. Everton at home, City away and Chelsea at home in a row followed by 2 more away games, one to Newcastle. Very possible dropped points, next month will be a good test for Arsenal! Either way I look at it, I'm much happier having the Arse in the top 4 than Spuds, too bad City got back in, but Aguero is too good.

Ketoth

Found this on another forum

aoYBsVx.png

pEllee

And that, ladies and gentleman, are why they are called Spuds.

Thought United would have won that one, maybe Moyes is actually having an effect.

Arsenal don't have the easiest of Decembers. Everton at home, City away and Chelsea at home in a row followed by 2 more away games, one to Newcastle. Very possible dropped points, next month will be a good test for Arsenal! Either way I look at it, I'm much happier having the Arse in the top 4 than Spuds, too bad City got back in, but Aguero is too good.

Didn't you guys say that about November? Always seem to imply that Arsenal are a disaster just waiting to collapse. They've been the best team in the country over the last 38 league games. They've shown consistency, they've passed their "tests".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans