Premier League 2015/16

Who will win the PL?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
English clubs have the money to take players from every league, and frequently do. City for example just took De Bruyne from under Bayern's nose.

In all probability Pep didn't push for him as he knew he'll leave in a year.
And surprise, surprise, same club de Bruyne was off to.

Money is only thing epl has to show for these days. Not much to brag about.

Jair Ventura

English clubs have the money to take players from every league, and frequently do. City for example just took De Bruyne from under Bayern's nose.

They take the 2nd tier players from continental leagues and overspend to do so, sure. But like I said, the top players of Spain, Italy, Germany, and France aren't thinking about the EPL anymore. The top players of Brasil, Argentina, and Uraguay never were. You need look no further than Muller or Di Maria's recent comments as evidence of this. Which leaves EPL clubs with having to develope their own world class talents or continue being left with the scraps of their continental peers.

Jenks

In all probability Pep didn't push for him as he knew he'll leave in a year.
And surprise, surprise, same club de Bruyne was off to.

Money is only thing epl has to show for these days. Not much to brag about.

Nobody is bragging. I'm asking for an explanation as to why English players being shit is always the excuse for EPL sides under-performing when the overwhelming majority of the players aren't English and neither are the managers. The idea that English clubs can't get players on par or better than everyone else bar Real, Barca and Bayern (maybe) is pure fantasy. I wonder what the excuse will be next season if/when Pogba comes to City. He'll just be overrated no doubt...

raskolnikov

English clubs just blindly spend way too much. Just make a plan, implement it and stick to it. Once you have a good team with a solid strategy behind it all you need is to fill up the weak points of the team every now and then and have a good people manager who can motivate, control and renew positions when needed(ferguson style).

JamDav1982

The EPL has plenty of top players from France, Germany, Spain or Italy wanting to go there.

The problem is they very rarely get the absolute best players virtually all of whom want to go to Barca, Real or Bayern.

The top 3/4 in EPL are not as good as Bayern, Barca or Real. No one is or has the same draw.

The EPL is still a very strong league just doesn't have any outstanding team at moment that can win CL but they have had more winners in past ten years than any country bar Spain with teams that were heavily influenced by English players.

Jair Ventura

Nobody is bragging. I'm asking for an explanation as to why English players being shit is always the excuse for EPL sides under-performing when the overwhelming majority of the players aren't English and neither are the managers.

The overwhelming majority are English.

The idea that English clubs can't get players on par or better than everyone else bar Real, Barca and Bayern (maybe) is pure fantasy.

Then why do Juventus, Atletico, PSG, and Dortmund have stronger rosters/teams than every club in the EPL? You all have deluded yourselves into believing elite players are isolated to three clubs as if Dybala, Pogba, Godin, Griezmann, Thiago Silva, Ibrahimovic, Verratti, Reus, Aubameyang, etc either don't exist or are playing in England.

I wonder what the excuse will be next season if/when Pogba comes to City. He'll just be overrated no doubt...

Why would Pogba step down from Juventus to City? The buy, buy, buy strategy seems to be working loads btw.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

The overwhelming majority are English.

Then why do Juventus, Atletico, PSG, and Dortmund have stronger rosters/teams than every club in the EPL? You all have deluded yourselves into believing elite players are isolated to three clubs as if Dybala, Pogba, Godin, Griezmann, Thiago Silva, Ibrahimovic, Verratti, Reus, Aubameyang, etc either don't exist or are playing in England.

Why would Pogba step down from Juventus to City? The buy, buy, buy strategy seems to be working loads btw.

Juventus came second to Man City in the group stages when Man City were missing their four best players for most part. Lets see who goes further in CL.

Dortmund are in the Europa and dont have a 'stronger roster' than every EPL team.

As for PSG I dont think they are much better than Man City, maybe a bit better but they didnt look great against a bottom half EPL team in last leg of CL. Hope they both go through and draw each other next round.

JamDav1982

Juventus 2-0 City.

Yes, they do. They're also having a stronger season than every EPL club.

So Malaga beating Barca across two games last season means they were better team?

Man City finished top of group including Juve while missing their best players and will go further in CL this year.

Spurs reserves 4-1 vs Monaco this year as well. Ouch. This project going well eh?

Nah Dortmund dont have 'stronger roster'. No they dont.

Jair Ventura

So Malaga beating Barca across two games last season means they were better team?

Did Malaga play in a UCL final last season?

Man City finished top of group including Juve while missing their best players and will go further in CL this year.

Juve 2-0'd City.

Spurs reserves 4-1 vs Monaco this year as well. Ouch. This project going well eh?

Stop trolling.

Nah Dortmund dont have 'stronger roster'. No they dont.

Aubameyang, Gundogan, Mkhitaryan, Reus, Hummels? A mix of players with extensive experience in continental play as well as a WC winner. I'd take that over any roster in the UK and I'm sure most on this forum would agree.

JamDav1982

No Malaga didnt play in CL but got better of Barca over two games so must be better by your rules? Why would this only apply to CL?

Ok so head to head results from this season tell me Spurs reserves are a lot better than Monaco and that Gent are better than Lyon.

What criteria can we use to decide which are the best teams or best leagues?

Head to head? Uefa co efficient points? Trophies?

You decide. But you wont and will try to avoid answering this question as usual.

Last edited:

Jair Ventura

No Malaga didnt play in CL but got better of Barca over two games so must be better by your rules? Why would this only apply to CL?

Ok so head to head results from this season tell me Spurs reserves are a lot better than Monaco and that Gent are better than Lyon.

What criteria can we use to decide which are the best teams or best leagues?

Head to head? Uefa co efficient points? Trophies?

You decide. But you wont and will try to avoid answering this question as usual.

Back to trolling, eh? We're done here.

JamDav1982

You guys are relentless :lol:

He disappears every time I ask him his criteria for judging better teams in Europe. Every time. Then vanishes.

Flip his 'criteria' back at him and its trolling.

This from a guy that claims Copa libertadores on a par with CL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans