• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Morten

Arsenal 45%
Spurs 45%
Utd 6%
West Ham 4%
Wolves 0%

It's between Arsenal and Spurs really. I would put 50-50, and 0 to everyone else, just keeping an odd % in case something crazy happens.

The others can't compete, and it will be evident after the suspended games are played out.
Between Arsenal and Spurs, it will be SUPER CLOSE IMO, and will come down to the wire

No reason to put Spurs ahead of United, as things are devoloping imo, and absolutely no reason to put them at same percentage as Arsenal.

Last edited:

Birdy

No reason to put Spurs ahead of United, as things are devoloping, and absolutely no reason to put them at same percentage as Arsenal.

Many reasons:
- 2 games at hand compared to Utd and Ham, you should actually think of them below Chelsea in the table - together with Arsenal
- Top coach compared to an SD turned into a coach
- Have shown great things since November, and a bad spell of 3 games doesn't change that

Expect them to be competitive against City next weekend, as they were against Liverpool 2 months ago

Morten

Many reasons:
- 2 games at hand compared to Utd and Ham, you should actually think of them below Chelsea in the table - together with Arsenal
- Top coach compared to an SD turned into a coach
- Have shown great things since November, and a bad spell of 3 games doesn't change that

Expect them to be competitive against City next weekend, as they were against Liverpool 2 months ago

Actually no, games has to be played first, and you just take it for granted they will win their 2 games in hand, when there is nothing pointing towards that right now.

They play City next, where they will most likely lose, Spurs lost their advantage today, and are on a downward spiral.

Birdy

Actually no, games has to be played first, and you just take it for granted they will win their 2 games in hand, when there is nothing pointing towards that right now.

They play City next, where they will most likely lose, Spurs lost their advantage today, and are on a downward spiral.

Many games are left. Even if they lose at City, they will win afterwards.
Only Tuchel has pocketed Conte so far in three games (2 for League Cup, 1 for EPL) within January.
Other than that, Conte's record before the current spell was great.

On the contrary, I think there's nothing pointing twds UTd being able to challenge seriously.
The games vs Villa, Burnley, So'ton, that they failed to win, shows their real level

Morten

Many games are left. Even if they lose at City, they will win afterwards.
Only Tuchel has pocketed Conte so far in three games (2 for League Cup, 1 for EPL) within January.
Other than that, Conte's record before the current spell was great.

On the contrary, I think there's nothing pointing twds UTd being able to challenge seriously.
The games vs Villa, Burnley, So'ton, that they failed to win, shows their real level

Its just as likely that Spurs lose one of their two games in hand, as opposed to winning, leaving them behind United, and Arsenal are already 3 points ahead with a better goal difference, lets not forget that Spurs has a crap goal difference compared to the others in the fight for 4th btw.

Spurs are not the joint favorites for 4th place, they are in the same ballpark as United imo.

Also, you cant just remove games you don't like to not make them count as part of Spurs overall record, truth is they've been in bad form for over a month now.

We will see if you are correct or not, its definitely doable to do a turn-around, i just have them as outsiders after today.

Last edited:

Birdy

Its just as likely that Spurs lose one of their two games in hand, as opposed to winning, leaving them behind United, and Arsenal are already 3 points ahead with a better goal difference, lets not forget that Spurs has a crap goal difference compared to the others in the fight for 4th btw.

Spurs are not the joint favorites for 4th place, they are in the same ballpark as United imo.

Also, you cant just remove games you don't like to not make them count as part of Spurs overall record, truth is they've been crap for over a month now.

We will see if you are correct or not, its definitely doable to do a turn-around, i just have them as outsiders after today.

I disagree!
It's possible, but not likely IMO

Forget about the goal difference for now.
Utd is playing before the March international breaks Brighton, Leeds, Watford, City, Spurs, Liverpool in between the Atleti CL games
How many points do you fancy them getting?
My prediction: they won't get more than 7-8 points from these games, 2 wins max and 1-2 draws

Then, Spurs in the same period are playing: City, Burnley, Leeds, Everton, Utd, West Ham (not including possible re-arranged postponed fixtures)
I think they can get 12-3 pts at least

What their position in the table be by then, given also the more games in hand that Spurs have?

khaled_a_d

Calling Ragnick a SD turned into coach is kind off hilarious.
Ge is a good coach who is very respected by his peers, but without great results to show for it. Reminds me a bit of Bielsa
Arteta isn't proven good coach either, he could prove himself being one but not yet

malvolio

I hope that Arsenal get that 4th spot. Man Utd is full of unlikeable idiots right now and Tottenham just don't look able to maintain good form, even though I like Conte very much.

Birdy

Calling Ragnick a SD turned into coach is kind off hilarious.
Ge is a good coach who is very respected by his peers, but without great results to show for it. Reminds me a bit of Bielsa
Arteta isn't proven good coach either, he could prove himself being one but not yet

I know how super-influential he is for football, and how he influenced Klopp in developing gegen-pressing style.

But let's see his last coaching appointments:
Last serious coaching appointment more than 10 years ago.
Then, a half-year of interim role at RB LEipzig 7 years ago, and another year there 4 years ago waiting for Nagelsman to become available.
In between being SD, technical director and all that

Cm'ooon...

He doesn't even pretend to be a coach nowadays.
He accepted UTDs interim role only because of the agreement to become their SD afterwards.
UTD bosses don't want him for permanent coach, they will hire Poch or Ten Haag in the summer, and they will do rightfully so

Rassvet

Very impressive win for MU today. The thought of them hitting form at this time of the season is petrifying with CL right around the corner.

Home of Barca Fans