Premier League 2022/2023

PL winner?

• Total voters

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
against the fodder of GEtafes, Osasunas, Amerias, etc

We have never played in league where the 10t-15th positions are teams such as Wolves, Aston Villa, Everton, Brendford

How easily do you think Barca of the past years could win against a team like Brendford for instance?

The like-for-like counterpart for Brentford in LL is Athletic or Rayo based on league position. Barca lose points against those two fairly regularly. I doubt Brentford easily beat Rayo as well.

KingLeo10

So apparently you don't remember how we were winning league games in the EV days?
And that against much worse opponents in taking even 1 pt from the big boys

We destroyed LL in 2018-2019, including RM and AM :lol:

Messi was best player in the world that season. We're not failing to win v Brentford in 2 games that season. No way.

jamrock

against the fodder of GEtafes, Osasunas, Amerias, etc

We have never played in league where the 10t-15th positions are teams such as Wolves, Aston Villa, Everton, Brendford

How easily do you think Barca of the past years could win against a team like Brendford for instance?

Almost every time a lower level Spanish team meets one from the EPL with all their resources, we all know the result.

But yeah K.O competition doesn't count, so how else would you compare them?.

Lower level EPL teams aren't much if any better than la Liga teams.

It took an inordinate amount of money for the likes of arsenal & spurs to become better, than the likes of Sevilla & Villarreal recently.

Because again before all that extra money whenever those level of teams met, 4-7 Spain vs 4-7 EPL, Spanish teams tend to do extremely well.

Horatio

You're welcome
Kicking myself for not betting this. Stayed away because I was still salty about taking a Vondrousova L last night in Womens Tennis

Felt it in my bones dawg. Almost added they wouldnt even get beyond 0-0. But thats aftertiming at this point. My whatsapp group is thanking me as we speak.

serghei

EPL is stronger league now, but the best sides in La Liga easily challenge for the title in EPL just as in any other league in most scenarios.

fergus90

We just have a lot of money in the prem. It doesn’t make a difference to sides like Real, Barca, Bayern, Juve etc.

But it’s the sides like Sevilla, Villarreal, Valencia etc that get shafted as mid-low table clubs in England can offer much bigger salaries

The top 2 don’t get affected, but the rest will.

Birdy

since 2016:
top 2 EPL teams:
2017: Conte's Chelsea record points at the time, and Spurs under Poch record season for them
2018:pep 100 pts record, and 2nd the best UTD under Mou
2019: Pep and Klopp hand in hand 98 and 97 pts
2020: Klopp record 99pts, Pep 2nd
2021: Pep again, UTD under Ole
2022: Pep and Klopp again hand in hand until the end

How many times would have Barca finished in the top2 had we played in EPL post-2016?
ZERO, or maybe 1 in 2021 that we lost the league in the end
get that straight in your head

top4: You had to win the spot from teams like early Klopp's liverpool, early Pep's city, Poch's spurs, Conte's chelsea, Sarri's chelsea, then later Klopp's liverpool etc
How many times Barca could do that?
maybe in 2017 and 2018 (first EV seasons) but that's questionable , harder in 2019, no way in 2020 when we were abhorrent, no way in 2022 that had Arteta's Arsenal missing out on the last day
Probably the only confortable top-4 would have been 2021 for us

Then you have in 6 seasons, 0 or 1 finishes in the top2
and then from 1 to 4 finished in the top4

That's the numbers

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
I see this discussion about "Which is the best league" pop up time and time again on the internet, but honestly as someone who is in the privileged position to watch football for a living, I can say that there is very little difference in quality, despite the money advantages certain leagues hold.
For the top leagues you have your 5-6 good teams and then there's a lot of garbage outside of that.
Most football fans seem to only watch matches which involve one of the top teams in each league and then extrapolate the quality they see to the rest of the league, but it does not work like that. I watch a lot of those lower table clashes between weaker teams and my friends the quality is not good.
The gap between the top teams and anything below midtable is enormous.

Last edited:

snowy

I see this discussion about "Which is the best league" pop up time and time again on the internet, but honestly as someone who is in the privileged position to watch football for a living, I can say that there is very little difference in quality, despite the money advantages certain leagues hold.
For the top leagues you have your 5-6 good teams and then there's a lot of garbage outside of that.
Most football fans seem to only watch matches which involve one of the top teams in each league and then extrapolate the quality they see to the rest of the league, but it does not work like that. I watch a lot of those lower table clashes between weaker teams and my friends the quality is not good.
The gap between the top teams and anything below midtable is enormous.

This :pique1:

Gnidrologist

The only advantage PL has is money. With the same amount of money poured in LL would be way way stronger as it has naturally strong home grown player base. Most english players are championship level. PL is run by foreigners, both players and coaches.

Home of Barca Fans