Premier League 2022/2023

PL winner?

• Total voters

ajnotkeith

Where was the good manager? Out of his depth in these games. City and Liverpool never scored 6+ goals against anyone, not even cannon fodder this season, except against ETH's United.

You got carried away. Xavi did a better job at Barca this season and it's not even close.

United also beat City and Arsenal this season too. Don't think he is 'out of his depth in those games' but agree to disagree.

Xavi has benefit of managing in a league where almost no team has the quality to compete against Barca or Madrid, even a shitty Barca like this that grinds out results every game. If a Liverpool like this that can beat United 7-0 and has players like Salah, Gakpo, Nunez, Thiago, Allison, Trent is not even in European places in EPL it should tell you something about the quality of Prem vs LL.

Equivalent team in LaLiga is like Osasuna. Lol.

serghei

ETH has to be least worthy manager I've ever seen Barcaforum fixate about. Let the guy win something big first. Eredivisie title with Ajax is not it. By the looks of it, Xavi is gonna win a big title before him.

Birdy

ETH has to be least worthy manager I've ever seen Barcaforum fixate about. Let the guy win something big first. Eredivisie title with Ajax is not it. By the looks of it, Xavi is gonna win a big title before him.

So, if he wins EL this season, would you finally shut up and publicly accept that you were wrong about him?

KingLeo10

Let me introduce you to Pochettino, another bum who Birdy fixates over :lol:

JamDav1982

They beat City, Arsenal and Liverpool and were not even being tipped for top four at start of season.

Lets see if he can continue to build them.

Not easy in that league at all with coaches and teams have there.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Xavi showed too much respect for United, especially at home. Constantly saying how great their team is and how big a club United are.. Barca looked afraid and wary of them in the first leg. You need to be ruthless, especially at the Camp Nou.

serghei

United also beat City and Arsenal this season too. Don't think he is 'out of his depth in those games' but agree to disagree.

Xavi has benefit of managing in a league where almost no team has the quality to compete against Barca or Madrid, even a shitty Barca like this that grinds out results every game. If a Liverpool like this that can beat United 7-0 and has players like Salah, Gakpo, Nunez, Thiago, Allison, Trent is not even in European places in EPL it should tell you something about the quality of Prem vs LL.

Equivalent team in LaLiga is like Osasuna. Lol.

He's good in some games, absolutely shit in others. The way he prepared this game was a disaster. No joke, if Xavi every does something like that, like losing 0-7 to Madrid (instead of winning 4-0 that is :lol:)... man, he would probably resign in shame himself.

JamDav1982

Same ETH you claimed wanted for Barca job.

There is no 'fixation' other than being a comparison between him and Xavi from both sides of it.

serghei

United and Barca are both works in progress, the difference is what Barca achieved so far this season is far more important and noteworthy than United's progress under ETH. And a big credit to that goes to Xavi. Those are the facts, what the results tell us, the rest is moaning and hating.

I think at our best, with the best players available, Xavi's Barca is a more polished, better managed football team than what Ten Hag can come up with.

Last edited:

ajnotkeith

Xavi showed too much respect for United, especially at home. Constantly saying how great their team is and how big a club United are?. Barca looked afraid and wary of them in the first leg. You need to be ruthless, especially at the Camp Nou.

Mentioned this at the time.

Seems like he always looks to big up the opponent in Europe and talk about how good they are.

I want to be charitable and say it's him being humble or maybe trying to prevent complacency but I actually think he just does it because he expects to lose and wants to prepare an excuse.

JamDav1982

He's good in some games, absolutely shit in others. The way he prepared this game was a disaster. No joke, if Xavi every does something like that, like losing 0-7 to Madrid (instead of winning 4-0 that is :lol:)... man, he would probably resign in shame himself.

Xavi would take some absolute hammerings if coached way he does in EPL.

Pep has, Klopp has and ETH has.

Happens but wont be what judged on ultimately.

ajnotkeith

It was an awful showing, no denying it, but 7-0 is maybe a bit too much for what we saw today (Liverpool has 2.7 xG).

It is a terrible result, but in a league with that much attacking talent, it can happen. The important thing is what happens at the end of the season, if he ends with top4 and a couple of trophies that is a big success for a United who weren't expecting anything at the start of it.

Home of Barca Fans