Premier League 2022/2023

PL winner?

• Total voters

JamDav1982

They are erratic, but good enough to be 3rd in EPL.

For me Barca has the better squad (not in the 2nd game though), but the beauty of football is that most teams can make it a game on their day.

Agreed and coaches matter in whos day it is.

United were a shambles last season and finished two points ahead of West Ham.

They have come on a lot this season and won a trophy. If they get top four while getting over that start, getting Ronaldo out etc while having a CF like Weghorst... that is some going.

xXKonan

As said, we have bigger fish to fry than some EL last 16 place. You have to think long term.
As a team we should be competing on all fronts and showing determination by the team and management we can compete in Europe especially.

All we have seen is us playing down to our competition far too much against teams that are indeed beatable and us losing games that are indeed winnable. Squad isn't perfect but by no means awful, a lot of it comes to down coaching, and how we approach these games and right now Xavi is struggling in that regard.

We have seen this team play well in first halves but in the 2nd half we are nowhere to be seen and we ride our luck trying to ride out games. I just can't believe how much Xavi just sits there and "Gives up" when the other teams managers make changes and doesn't bother to react and just makes his predetermined subs regardless if they help or not.

The game is played for 90 minutes and not "45" like he keeps thinking it does. That's something someone needs to drill into his head.

JamDav1982

Fair point. On a sporting level I cared about playing United, but not the competition. League>>>>>>>>EL>=Copa.

League is most important compared to EL but that is irrelevant really as club were all in on both.

The whole argument for levers was to give Xavi a squad that could compete in league AND CL.

The out twice in Europe by February is poor and will be further set back for signing new players and contract renewls let along the clubs 'reputation'.

Temptation

Tales of Liverpool demise have been greatly exaggerrated.

2 New CM:
Caicedo - they can easily get him
Bellingham - he's a Liverpool fan, but hard to sign

1 New CB:
????
Just know Gomez should never play for Liverpool again.

We need a World Class mid(Bellingham) and a good young CB.

Rest of the squad is one of the best in Europe easily.

Gakpo is terrific. Nunez overpriced but a menace.

ajnotkeith

Not the first time it happens this season that they are played off the park. 3rd time IIRC they suffered heavy beatdowns.

Do you take this into account when you judge their season, or he gets a free pass?

We have a perfect phrase in Spanish : Que los arboles no te impidan ver el bosque (Don't let the trees block your view of the forest).

Meaning, don't let small details block your view of the bigger picture.

This 7-0 is embarrassing but as long as the objectives are achieved in terms of both season achievements and quality of football in general are there, then in the end it doesn't matter really.

He surely has more to learn and probably is responsible for these big losses but I think he has generally shown that he is a great manager.

serghei

As a team we should be competing on all fronts and showing determination by the team and management we can compete in Europe especially.

All we have seen is us playing down to our competition far too much against teams that are indeed beatable and us losing games that are indeed winnable. Squad isn't perfect but by no means awful, a lot of it comes to down coaching, and how we approach these games and right now Xavi is struggling in that regard.

We have seen this team play well in first halves but in the 2nd half we are nowhere to be seen and we ride our luck trying to ride out games. I just can't believe how much Xavi just sits there and "Gives up" when the other teams managers make changes and doesn't bother to react and just makes his predetermined subs regardless if they help or not.

The game is played for 90 minutes and not "45" like he keeps thinking it does. That's something someone needs to drill into his head.

Normally, I agree with you, but if you look at the circumstances, I think we handled it well. Feel free to disagree. For me this La Liga is way too important. We gave it a go vs United, but the squad is fatigued and many main players are injured. Everyone can see it that the schedule has been gruesome and the options beyond first 11 are not good.

For me the United tie would've been very important to see us at full power. Not much relevance to see Roberto and Kessie vs United, I already know they are subpar for the level we need to get to. Once the best 11 showdown wasn't possible due to circumstances, I think we gave it a go, and we got frankly closer than I expected to take them out with many players missing away.

stb_1

We need a World Class mid(Bellingham) and a good young CB.

Rest of the squad is one of the best in Europe easily.

Gakpo is terrific. Nunez overpriced but a menace.

Yeah. One of Fofana or Badiashile would have been great. Or Levi Colwill (Also Chelsea CB).

Caicedo would be world class signing for you guys, he's so, so good. So much energy and great at linking defence to attack. I think he's be more important than even Bellingham.

Home of Barca Fans