Premier League 2022/2023

PL winner?

• Total voters

serghei

What is this even supposed to mean? "viking genes are awesome" and yet for some reason we don't excel in olympic sports, football, basketball, tennis, distance running, sprinting, swimming, race car driving, figure skating and so on. The only sports we excel at are winter sports because well we only have 3 months of sunshine a year. And when I say "we" I mean the Swedes and Norwegians. Danes don't really have mountains for skiing lol.

Anyways, people fetishise Scandinavians way too much. Our genes aren't "awesome", they're normal. We're not the only ethnic group to have had groups of people that liked to pirate, raid, and trade lol.

:lol:

Come on, what is the average height there in Scandinavia? If I come there with my 5'10 I'm probably a subnormal dude in terms of phisycality.

What do you think men's sports are about? It's about physicality mostly. Physical prowess is a huge factor.

ajnotkeith

What is this even supposed to mean? "viking genes are awesome" and yet for some reason we don't excel in olympic sports, football, basketball, tennis, distance running, sprinting, swimming, race car driving, figure skating and so on. The only sports we excel at are winter sports because well we only have 3 months of sunshine a year. And when I say "we" I mean the Swedes and Norwegians. Danes don't really have mountains for skiing lol.

Anyways, people fetishise Scandinavians way too much. Our genes aren't "awesome", they're normal. We're not the only ethnic group to have had groups of people that liked to pirate, raid, and trade lol.

Denmark has a population of 6 million odd, and not much footballing culture, but yet a top20 team in the world, rivalling nations with populations 10x the size and better footballing history. That's impressive.

serghei

Isn't that the stereotype with Balkan athletes too??

Balkan athletes are among the greatest. Check out their results in football, tennis, handball, basketball. Same thing.

Genetics matter. People are built differently. If you don't believe in concepts such as race, genes... I'm wasting my time.

There is no insult in claiming people from different parts of the world are different.

Morten

Come on, what is the average height there in Scandinavia? If I come there with my 5'10 I'm probably a subnormal dude in terms of phisycality.

What do you think men's sports are about? It's about physicality mostly. Physical prowess is a huge factor.

Height doesn't automatically makes you better at sports, except a select few.

Besides, 5 foot 10 isnt much below average here, but why are you using feet anyway, isn't that exclusively US/UK?

Really can't stand their stupid measurements.

serghei

Height doesn't automatically makes you better at sports, except a select few.

Besides, 5 foot 10 isnt much below average here, but why are you using feet anyway, isn't that exclusively US/UK?

The fuck does it matter what metric I use. :lol: You're starting to waste my time with this.

Height + speed is killer combo in sports. Haaland has it, and probably also has mental toughness to deal with factors such as changes, adaptation, and come out on top. If he stays true to himself and is not fucked up by media frenzy and shit.

Laplacian

Denmark has a population of 6 million odd, and not much footballing culture, but yet a top20 team in the world, rivalling nations with populations 10x the size and better footballing history. That's impressive.

And Portugal, and Belgium, and Croatia? No one's talking about "awesome Balkan or Iberian genes" though. Footballing ability of a nation correlates to infrastructure basically. It's no surprising that the best NTs are mostly European, and it's not because their genes are "awesome." It's just socioeconomics. lol

ajnotkeith

And Portugal, and Belgium, and Croatia? No one's talking about "awesome Balkan or Iberian genes" though. Footballing ability of a nation correlates to infrastructure basically. It's no surprising that the best NTs are mostly European, and it's not because their genes are "awesome." It's just socioeconomics. lol

I think the answer is somewhere in the middle. Economics and infrastructure play a big part but its undeniable that certain ethnicities are more successful in football for one reason or another.

Most of the players in the successful European NTs are naturalised/immigrated there from another country. You say Belgium, how many of their team are actually ethnically from the area?

Croatia is a good example, their league and infrastructure and economy isn't very good yet they keep producing great players. That would lend weight to Serghei's 'born to play' argument.

Last edited:

Laplacian

Have you looked at the height statistics in Europe lately? Most of Northern and Central Europe have the same average heights. It's hovers around 180-182cm. Height is genetic, but is has very little to do with ethnicity. A diet high in protein and dairy is what increases the average height. Which is why if you measure the average height of people of 2nd generation African or middle eastern descent born and raised in either Scandinavia, the Netherlands, or Germany...they're usually the same height as the natives. It has nothing to do with "viking genes."

In terms of achievements in conquest and military shit, vikings aren't even in the top 20 in human history lol.

serghei

True, but that is because football is a multiple-qualities sport. Amongst the most complex ones, if not THE most complex sport. With multiple paths for success. The most successful nations in this sports are still South American countries.

Still, a fast 1.9 dude with proper mentality (I feel he has that too) like Haaland is genetically gifted to make it big. It's a very rare combination.

KingLeo10

Just dropping by to say race is different to genetic ancestry, as in differences in the distribution/frequency of genes across populations :lol:

Morten

The fuck does it matter what metric I use. :lol: You're starting to waste my time with this.

Height + speed is killer combo in sports. Haaland has it, and probably also has mental toughness to deal with factors such as changes, adaptation, and come out on top. If he stays true to himself and is not fucked up by media frenzy and shit.

Don't care if you think i waste your time, just deal with it.

As far as physicality goes, there is nothing typically scandinavian about being fast though, so Haaland is more of an outlier here.

serghei

Have you looked at the height statistics in Europe lately? Most of Northern and Central Europe have the same average heights. It's hovers around 180-182cm. Height is genetic, but is has very little to do with ethnicity. A diet high in protein and dairy is what increases the average height. Which is why if you measure the average height of people of 2nd generation African or middle eastern descent born and raised in either Scandinavia, the Netherlands, or Germany...they're usually the same height as the natives. It has nothing to do with "viking genes."

In terms of achievements in conquest and military shit, vikings aren't even in the top 20 in human history lol.

Hell, give it 10 years, and with these diversity and uniformity quotas, they will all be the same.

I'm talking about genes and race, not citizenship.

For me, some Ethiopian dude who settles in Sweden will always be more Ethiopian than Swedish.

Eerling Haaland. Look at his face, his hair. He is pure Norwegian. That is what I consider as a Scandinavian person.

Last edited:

serghei

Don't care if you think i waste your time, just deal with it.

As far as physicality goes, there is nothing typically scandinavian about being fast though, so Haaland is more of an outlier here.

OK. I am dealing with it by not responding to you on this topic apart from this comment.

Home of Barca Fans