Premier League 2022/2023

PL winner?

• Total voters

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Anyway, Xavi has a golden opportunity tomorrow to win us a trophy, even if a tinpot one but it's against Real Madrid.

Let's see what he cooks up and if he learns from some of his mistakes.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
The aftertiming is strong with this one. Ronaldo started those antics because he was dropped.

Disagree. He was benched because he was in abysmal form but still played in EL/got sub appearances, but couldn't cope with being benched and started to whine.

fergus90

Ten Hag was painted as a villain in the aftermath of the Ronaldo saga, being accused of disrespect. Even had former United legends backing him on tv.

Not an easy decision at all.

vegitot

We have a better squad on paper, but ETH is showing himself superior to Xavi AND the importance of Casemiro and Varane can't be understated. Those two have won so many big games over the years - Casemiro will body bag Busquets as usual and the likes of Gavi are still a bit raw.

I would go Pedri, Gavi, FDJ in midfield and we have a decent shot.

Ten Hag uses man marking then that trio will be dead. You need quick combination, strong penetration.

Unless Pedri masters Iniesta's dribbling skills though i have serious doubt.

Horatio

You're welcome
Disagree. He was benched because he was in abysmal form but still played in EL/got sub appearances, but couldn't cope with being benched and started to whine.

Many coaches wouldnt have benched him regardless.

Sorry, i read being dropped as starting to lose his role. You are right in that he got benched first, antics, dropped completely.

khaled_a_d

tbh Xavi gives me a Catalan Conte vibes

Good in league, bad in cups especially Europe, sucks the life out of the game, very demanding of his board, blame the players when it goes South and really passionate coach.
Not a perfect comparison obviously, but at this stage of the club I will take that as a positive. As long as he delivers Liga

JamDav1982

No, just better than raw Barca kids like Balde, Gavi, Pedri.

Nah Barca would have more players in strongest eleven than Utds today.

Rating Wan Bissaka as ahead of Kounde at RB and DDG on par with MATS is laughable.

So no not all about kids.

All just excuses for Xavi and everyone can see through it.

ajnotkeith

tbh Xavi gives me a Catalan Conte vibes

Good in league, bad in cups especially Europe, sucks the life out of the game, very demanding of his board, blame the players when it goes South and really passionate coach.
Not a perfect comparison obviously, but at this stage of the club I will take that as a positive. As long as he delivers Liga

Actually really good comparison. Both rely on quality of attackers also.

Would say Xavi is the bargain Conte though. Conte in general worked with much weaker squads.

serghei

Bissaka better than Kounde? Steady on.

Did you watch? Shaw was CB.. fair play to ETH on making that work.

Pedri/Bruno is tight as very different players.

MATS has been much better than DDG this season and both were off it last couple but MATS better at end of last season also.

Kounde is a CB. I'd take Bissaka, than play Kounde as makeshift fullback.

Bruno over Pedri is not tight. Pedri doesn't last even 50 mins at the pace United play at.

JamDav1982

Kounde is a CB. I'd take Bissaka, than play Kounde as makeshift fullback.

Bruno over Pedri is not tight. Pedri doesn't last even 50 mins at the pace United play at.

Kounde is RB in Barcas strongest line up. Simple as that.

So he is being compared to AWB who he is better than.

You trying to make out AWB is the better of the two is sensational. Peak Serghie and his Xavi excuses.

Bruno/Pedri is tight. Very different players but tight nonetheless.

MATS is better than DDG also.

So even if Bruno that is what four Man Utd players from today?

Home of Barca Fans