Premier League 23/24

Who will win PL this season?

• Total voters

Temptation

Complete myth. Liverpool finished 5th because they played like shit. Even a not so great Madrid trashed them at Anfield by comparison.

Yes, it's tougher competition, but you have to be shit to finish 5th if you make the CL final the year before.

The 11th placed Bundesliga team spanked Barca in the Europa League.

United eliminated Barca out of the Europa last season.

What does that say about Barca then? :lol:

Barca have had shit seasons too but they'll never be pushed out of the top 4 in La Liga. The gulf in power in Spain between the big 2 and others is humongous. If they were in the PL in their recent years, it would be trouble.

Porque

Liverpool reeled it in towards the end of season. They were on course for a Chelsea like finish by the time Real Madrid bludgeoned them in the CL. That's prob where he gets sacked in Spain.

Si can't go spending that amount of money and finishing outside the top 4 given the base and league finish the previous year- objectively.

But as Temp says, EPL does have higher quality, but more importantly offers the financial stability that you don't need to rely on CL qualification like other leagues.

So in a way because of that, pressure IS also lesser.

serghei

The 11th placed Bundesliga team spanked Barca in the Europa League.

United eliminated Barca out of the Europa last season.

What does that say about Barca then? :lol:

Barca have had shit seasons too but they'll never be pushed out of the top 4 in La Liga. The gulf in power in Spain between the big 2 and others is humongous. If they were in the PL in their recent years, it would be trouble.

United got shamed by Sevilla. They finished 10th or so in La Liga. Got shamed by Bilbao some years ago, Sevilla again, Atletico, Barca, even pushed hard by Celta Vigo. Beaten in the group last season by Sociedad also.

Not a good example to illustrate the might of EPL :lol:.

Temptation

United got shamed by Sevilla. They finished 10th or so in La Liga. Got shamed by Bilbao some years ago, Sevilla again, Atletico, Barca, even pushed hard by Celta Vigo. Beaten in the group last season by Sociedad also.

Not a good example to illustrate the might of EPL :lol:.
My example wasn't to illustrate PL's strength.

My example was to prove that your assessment of leagues and teams based on one off European ties is a load of bullshit.

serghei

My example wasn't to illustrate PL's strength.

My example was to prove that your assessment of leagues and teams based on one off European ties is a load of bullshit.

Happens in European ties very often. It's not a one off.

The only way to compare leagues with some fairness is in European competitions.

Outside of that, you can talk about stylistical differrences.

Windhook

This is the season for Liverpool to focus on PL title. Europa League isn't priority, btw had to check where Sevilla are - 4th in CL group B, still with a chance to proceed to EL.:lol:

Temptation

Happens in European ties very often. It's not a one off.

The only way to compare leagues with some fairness is in European competitions.

Outside of that, you can talk about stylistical differrences.

No it's not.

PL is a very high quality league from top to bottom(except some duds in the relegation zone). It has closer competition and lesser gap between teams throughout the table.

La Liga and Bundesliga are top heavy and the power imbalance is insane.

Real Madrid, Bayern and Barcelona are bigger than every Prem club but PL wipes the floor with LL and BL as a league.

Honestly, your oversimplification makes it seem like you're very new to this sport. Such a basic, 'normie' way to compare leagues......

I am very disappointed. Expected better.

serghei

:lol: From the same book of wisdom like the famous "If Pep's Barca would play in this league they wouldn't dominate as much".

They'd struggle on a night at Stoke or something, or the dumb shit that was said in England. :lol:

League is entertaining and no1 atm, but there is only one super-team in it, City.

Temptation

:lol: From the same book of wisdom like the famous "If Pep's Barca would play in this league they wouldn't dominate as much".

They'd struggle on a night at Stoke or something, or the dumb shit that was said in England. :lol:

Terrible comprehension skills.

I'll try once more.

Prime Barca would win the PL because they were the best team on the planet. They would win any league.

But PL as a league is better than LL.

Pretty simple.

serghei

Nobody said PL isn't better than LL, just that the difference is not as big as EPL fanboys think.

I'd fancy Atletico to take out United, or Newcastle, if they somehow make it past their groups that is. For example.

KingLeo10

Absolute death lineup, and we were missing Alves.

407933368_684800390428373_8365948033766350208_n.jpg

Home of Barca Fans