Premier League 23/24

Who will win PL this season?

• Total voters

serghei

It matters to finish in top 4. If he manages it, he's done amazing. If he doesn't and finish 5-6, he's done pretty well. If he finishes 6-8, he's been decent :lol:.

fergus90

Even if we finish 5th then he's exceeded expectations, it'll be our highest finish for 27 years.

7 of the starting 11 today are the same players who finished 14th less than two seasons ago.

serghei

Even if we finish 5th then he's exceeded expectations, it'll be our highest finish for 27 years.

7 of the starting 11 today are the same players who finished 14th less than two seasons ago.

I would say 5-6 is still exceeding expectations. Any lower and it's not as flashy.

I look at signed players, and you guys spent 400m since 2020-21. That's not exactly pocket change.

fergus90

I would say 5-6 is still exceeding expectations. Any lower and it's not as flashy.

I look at signed players, and you guys spent 400m since 2020-21. That's not exactly pocket change.
We got 100 mill for Grealish in 2021, so we splashed some money. Although unfortunately, not very wisely. Likes of Ings, Coutinho, Traore already out the club.

Diaby was our record signing this summer for 51 million. We were 9th highest in net spend i think.

ajnotkeith

Have you realised most English clubs spend a lot of money yet?

If everyone does it it isnt an advantage.

serghei

Have you realised most English clubs spend a lot of money yet?

If everyone does it it isnt an advantage.

It's not an advantage, but you got all the tools as a manager to do some solid work. Especially when other richer clubs are so poorly managed so far, looking at United and Chelsea.

That's all. Outside City, Liverpool, and Arsenal, as long as United and Chelsea are struggling so badly, 4-6 spots are achievable with good work. Newcastle is also struggling this season.

The league is quite balanced until you get to 8-10 places where the drop-off in quality becomes clear. As you said, everyone spends a lot of money, so everyone has a chance with some good management mixed in.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans