Radamel Falcao

M

messi_xavi_iniesta

With what I saw tonight, am not sure that it will be good playing Falcao and co. next Sunday.

We are not Depor. He scores few goals away. Atletico is very strong at home. They will be hammered.

M

Malappapper

He costs 65 M...

I think he release clause is 60m. I can't see why we would pay anything more than that. How much can we get for Alexis and Villa on the market? Or for Alexis and Pedro?

We are not Depor. He scores few goals away. Atletico is very strong at home. They will be hammered.

We are not Depor for sure, but we have our weaknesses, especially in the air where Falcao is a total beast. If we do play our "A" game then we will win, but if we play like tonight, or like we did against Granada or Sevilla, then all bets are off.

M

mitkoa7x

cant believe a cule is willing to sell Alexis, Villa or Pedro in order to get Falcao :shakeshead:

Stric

cant believe a cule is willing to sell Alexis, Villa or Pedro in order to get Falcao :shakeshead:

What's the logic behind this? If you exclude Pedro from that list (on the account of him being a La Masia product), I see no reason why a Cule would or should be more biased towards Alexis or Villa than towards Falcao.

M

Malappapper

You can't believe how a Cule wants to see Barca enhanced? Blind devotion to our current roster does not mean being a good cule, it only shows naive sentimentality or worse.

Remember all those missed chances against Chelsea last season. A Falcao would have changed all that for the better for us. Plus, a presence like Falcao's inside the opponent's box, would take some of the pressure off Messi. But with Pedrito and Alexis, the opposing bus focuses 80% of its attention (or more) to Messi and they take their chances with our wingers, and sometimes it pays off for them. Could they do the same with a Neymar or a Falcao on our side?

Just have a look at this if you bare:

PearLBLacK

Banned
Yeah, sell Alexis, Pedro, and/or Villa to fund Falcao's purchase. Then move him to the wings, or bench him when he "underperforms" a la Villa. Expect Galliani to contact you shortly after the first season. And anybody remember that guy from Brazil? I thought he was the new big thing...

If Falcao is smart, he'll go to a team where he'll be the focal point, with a good chance of making the starting 11 week in week out. That rules out any team with too many forwards (Man City and Man United). Chelsea would be the obvious best choice for him, but seeing how Roman is crazy about his multimillion purchase, and said purchase being totally back now, it mightn't be as straight-forward as it seems.

Then there's Real Madrid, provided Ronaldo leaves for good. Falcao & Benzema, with Higuain on the bench, or any other combination of the three, would be a nightmare, more so for you lot.

Or he could do a Hulk and end up at -20 °C Russia for the big bucks. Either way, not likely he'll stay at Atleti beyond the summer 2013.

Paganinisrvnge

You can't believe how a Cule wants to see Barca enhanced? Blind devotion to our current roster does not mean being a good cule, it only shows naive sentimentality or worse.

Remember all those missed chances against Chelsea last season. A Falcao would have changed all that for the better for us. Plus, a presence like Falcao's inside the opponent's box, would take some of the pressure off Messi. But with Pedrito and Alexis, the opposing bus focuses 80% of its attention (or more) to Messi and they take their chances with our wingers, and sometimes it pays off for them. Could they do the same with a Neymar or a Falcao on our side?

Just have a look at this if you bare:

That video was torture. If one of Pedro/Villa/Alexis/Tello/Cuenca don't step up and score for us consistently in the 2nd half of the season; we could face a similar fate again.

M

Malappapper

Yeah, sell Alexis, Pedro, and/or Villa to fund Falcao's purchase. Then move him to the wings, or bench him when he "underperforms" a la Villa. Expect Galliani to contact you shortly after the first season. And anybody remember that guy from Brazil? I thought he was the new big thing...

If Falcao is smart, he'll go to a team where he'll be the focal point, with a good chance of making the starting 11 week in week out. That rules out any team with too many forwards (Man City and Man United). Chelsea would be the obvious best choice for him, but seeing how Roman is crazy about his multimillion purchase, and said purchase being totally back now, it mightn't be as straight-forward as it seems.

Then there's Real Madrid, provided Ronaldo leaves for good. Falcao & Benzema, with Higuain on the bench, or any other combination of the three, would be a nightmare, more so for you lot.

Or he could do a Hulk and end up at -20 °C Russia for the big bucks. Either way, not likely he'll stay at Atleti beyond the summer 2013.

I did not say that we should put Falcao on the wings, Falcao can only be used as a number 9. That would mean a change to our current system, but it would also mean a lot more goals for us, especially against buses. Surely Messi can see the need for something like that to happen, he knows full well now, that come CL time, he would face the danger of another "Chelsea"

M

Malappapper

That video was torture. If one of Pedro/Villa/Alexis/Tello/Cuenca don't step up and score for us consistently in the 2nd half of the season; we could face a similar fate again.

That is exactly my point dear friend. Imagine if we had a Neymar on the wings, or a Falcao in the center against Chelsea. It would have been a cakewalk.

Stric

Heart breaking stuff. No joking. :( But after seeing all of that, I'd more likely blame it on bad luck than bad finishing. The number of crossbar and post hits is just frightening.

M

Malappapper

Heart breaking stuff. No joking. :( But after seeing all of that, I'd more likely blame it on bad luck than bad finishing. The number of crossbar and post hits is just frightening.

It was poor finishing on top of bad luck. It was also the result of physical exhaustion. Remember we played Levante on Sat, then Chelsea on Wed, then Madrid on Sat and then Chelsea on Tue. Messi had great difficulty passing to a teammate in that 2nd leg against the crappiest team that has ever lifted "big ears"

Chelsea rested every single starter against Arsenal in between our games. That is what vastly improves your chances in the CL.

BarcaOG

Banned
I love falcao, but seeing all this "lets buy him hell be super great! 50 goals first season" talk is woefully reminiscent of the type of discourse held on this forum when we signed Ibra, Villa, and then Alexis.

Yet we know only too well how those transfers have turned out.

I say we ditch buying forwards who cannot perform by playing fiddle to Messi. I see Villa on the bench and as a soccer fan it saddens me, he should be out there, as the focal point in attack, scoring goals.

But Barcelona has its own goal machine. You know who.

I say we buy quality wingers. The forwards we have bought tend to end up playing as wingers anyhow. Might as well buy some natural ones.

M

Malappapper

I love falcao, but seeing all this "lets buy him hell be super great! 50 goals first season" talk is woefully reminiscent of the type of discourse held on this forum when we signed Ibra, Villa, and then Alexis.

Yet we know only too well how those transfers have turned out.

I say we ditch buying forwards who cannot perform by playing fiddle to Messi. I see Villa on the bench and as a soccer fan it saddens me, he should be out there, as the focal point in attack, scoring goals.

But Barcelona has its own goal machine. You know who.

I say we buy quality wingers. The forwards we have bought tend to end up playing as wingers anyhow. Might as well buy some natural ones.

Ok, which wingers would you recommend for Barca?

Home of Barca Fans