Radamel Falcao

BarcaOG

Banned
unfortunately i am not familiar enough with quality wingers... i can think of di maria but his coming to barcelona is unlikely. im sure there are others on this forum who could draw a list of competent wingers.

CatalinR10

unfortunately i am not familiar enough with quality wingers... i can think of di maria but his coming to barcelona is unlikely. im sure there are others on this forum who could draw a list of competent wingers.

Neymar_deja_balon_disfraces.jpeg

BarcaOG

Banned
ah, neymar. the dilemma.

i was thinking more along the lines of proven, european-tested wingers who will not cost us our left eye and whose success in barcelona isn't a matter of speculation. certainly some who will take themselves seriously and not dress up as cows. even if its for commercials.

F

Flavia

Neymar is not really a winger, though. He can play as one, but he's more a lf than a lw.

Ursegor

World Champion
I wish he would just stay with Atleti. I want to see him in the CL with Atleti. I think they would do very well à la Dortmund. They can beat anyone on their day (except Real Madrid, lol).

M

Malappapper

In any case, I would like to hear propositions as to how we can improve our forward line. We cannot always rely on Messi to score 70 to 80 goals per season. And even then, some games (a la Chelsea or as some Classicos recently) he is bound to be stifled by 5-6 or even more defenders parking the god damn bus.

BarcaOG

Banned
this discussion is better suited for the messi thread. but whatever.

in order to accommodate goalscorers other than messi inevitably he would have to me moved back to the right. of course, he wont be, at least not while he is in god mode. perhaps the answer is in the midfield. neither xavi nor iniesta are great goal scorers. having goalscoring midfielders would alleviate messi's goalscoring burdens somewhat. but xavi and iniesta are much better at playing assisting midfielder roles than as goalscorers. they too are untouchable.

it is difficult to say what exactly is the solution.

M

Malappapper

Am afraid that that is not a satisfactory answer. We are forever prisoners to one type of system?

This may sound crazy, but how about 3-5-2?

Doobs

The Messiah
Falcao cannot be accommodated into our system, its simply not possible. I may be wrong but I think Tito has gone on record saying we'd never buy Falcao too. We won't play a 3-5-2, Xavi and Iniesta are going nowhere and Messi will not allow any other player to play centrally. We need to reinforce our ageing/weak/inexperienced defense and that is top priority. Pedro and Alexis like it or not are in it for the long haul and they have a lot of football left in them, simply being off form does not mean you sell them.

Instead of looking to buy Falcao, lets concentrate on keeping him in check next week.

Barca8

I understand both sides of this argument. Why buy a CF when we have Messi? The problem with this strategy is if Messi misses a match whats our alternative? Tito is either being really careful with Villa or Villa's leg just hasn't fully recovered which is understandable. But when Villa has played centrally alongside Pedro/Tello he hasn't looked dangerous at all. As innovative and unique as our side is there is still a part of me that wants a versatile CF like Falcao/Cavani. Right now it isn't broken so theres no need to fix it but there also isn't an alternative to the "false 9". In the long term having a Cavani/Falcao and putting Messi back on the right will give our side great depth. If our CF is hurt or rested Messi can always slide back into the False 9. (we can always hold out and see how Jean Marie Dongou develops)

As far as wingers I'm not sold on Neymar because of his lack of European experience and if he can be a team player instead of a personality. We should instead continue to develop Deulofeu, Cuenca, Tello. If we really need to purchase anyone we need to first sell off Alexis and Afellay and pick up a CB (Vertonghen, Botia, Alderweireld)

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
Marco Reus is one hell of a winger :D. Can play other positions as well.
As impressive as Falcao is...I just don't see him with Barca. I would welcome him with open arms of course :D. But I really don't think this is the place for him. I believe he knows that as well.

Home of Barca Fans