Rafinha Alcantara

Devils

I like Rafinha, I really do.

He's never going to be as flashy as Thiago, but Rafinha can still become a very effective player for us.

We can hardly tell at this point. Even if we were to draw inferences, they'd still tip in Thiago's favor at the moment.

Well atleast from what i've seen, Rafinha this season has gone past 3-5 players multiple times. Unless Thiago has turned into iniesta/messi since his injury(I havent watched since hes been back) and is running through complete sides i'd say they are comparable in this aspect.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Well atleast from what i've seen, Rafinha this season has gone past 3-5 players multiple times. Unless Thiago has turned into iniesta/messi since his injury(I havent watched since hes been back) and is running through complete sides i'd say they are comparable in this aspect.

You can argue that Thiago is the main reason they got past Porto, they wouldn't have without him.

You can argue that Thiago is the main reason they got past Porto, they wouldn't have without him.

I'm not saying Rafinha is equal to Thiago as a player I was just talking about their dribbling, Thiago > Rafinha in passing and creating in general. I'd say Rafinha is better defensively and that they're comparable dribbling wise.

Stric

Well then how can you tell if you haven't watched Thiago? I'd dare say his dribbling is easily better than Rafinha's. And he's matured enough as a player to carry Bayern to victories.

I like Rafinha, but he's still way behind his big brother. And there's nothing wrong about that.

Well then how can you tell if you haven't watched Thiago? I'd dare say his dribbling is easily better than Rafinha's. And he's matured enough as a player to carry Bayern to victories.

I like Rafinha, but he's still way behind his big brother. And there's nothing wrong about that.

Well I went to watch his highlights during the porto game, he sombreroed one player and I've yet to see rafinha do that but aside from that he didn't show any dribbling skills that I havent seen rafinha do before.

Rafinha cannot compare to Thiago atm in terms of his ability to control/affect the outcome of games but purely in terms of dribbling their skills are comparable atleast in my opinion.

Mexcelona

dribbling =/= flashyness

i'd take Messi's dribbling past 5 people over ronaldinhos beautiful elastico all day.

if rafinha gets past three people by simply running past them, i'd take that over a sombrero or elastico any day.

EdmondDantes

His pressing and composure on the ball have impressed me the most in the last two games. If I've not mistaken his pressing alone resulted in two of the goals we scored v Getafe.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
His pressing and composure on the ball have impressed me the most in the last two games. If I've not mistaken his pressing alone resulted in two of the goals we scored v Getafe.

I remember at least one yes, might have been 2.

He's played very well these last 2 games, but he still needs to improve and stop attacking that much, I remember one instance where he passed 3 or 4 getafe players in the central axe, had a second to decide what to do, could have passed left or right to open suarez or neymar, but decided to keep going straight into 3 getafe defenders.. was a shame, he killed a great chance he had created himself.

Home of Barca Fans