Rafinha Alcantara

xXKonan

Barcelona have rejected an approach from AC Milan for Barcelona player Rafinha (22), whose contract expires next year. [dimarzio cm]

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Luis Enrique is thinking of having Rafinha play as a winger to replace Pedro. Rafinha played winger in the Supercopa [sport]

Stric

Rafinha's roles this season: RM, LM, RW, LW, possibly false #9. The guy sure has plenty of minutes ahead of him, that's for sure.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Why was he not subbed off earlier? I liked him on the wing against Sevilla and his pre-season performances in general, but today he was just awful. Really a game to forget.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Pure, unadulterated rubbish today. He's easy to dispossess, easy to shepherd down blind alleys, and easy to force errors from. His flank and his attacks were nothing but disfunction but for Alba and his great run for Suarez's goal.

He's playing LW but he's no good in midfield either and it's lol-worthy to consider him playing at RW other than for CDR games against 3rd division teams where Messi gets rest.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Pure, unadulterated rubbish today. He's easy to dispossess, easy to shepherd down blind alleys, and easy to force errors from. His flank and his attacks were nothing but disfunction but for Alba and his great run for Suarez's goal.

He's playing LW but he's no good in midfield either and it's lol-worthy to consider him playing at RW other than for CDR games against 3rd division teams where Messi gets rest.

Tbf, he looked better against Sevilla who didn't defend as well as Athletic.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Appeared way too lightweight to command a midfield in a big game like this. Lucho really had to go with him because of the war of attrition the midfield was put through against Sevilla Tuesday but I have no faith in Rafinha unless he's paired up with either Rakitic or Iniesta. He can't be called upon to the be the guy. Don't get me started on Roberto, who played even worse.

Roberto was man of the match

Alarcón

Did he shag your girlfriend or what?

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Did he shag your girlfriend or what?

Really disappointed. He had a flew flashes in the preseason friendlies but after that he's been abysmal. Against Sevilla he was bad for the most part but scored and then people went all revisionist, and it's been worse ever since.

anguy

Well, Messi should get rest more often. He already looks tired and it's just first match of season. And Rafinha is ideal backup for him. No, it looks like he'll never be as good as his brother or that he'll be a starter in Barcelona. But it's not bad to have a backup, that can play on RW or CM. He just needs to play on right side where he can cut inside. Even Messi is half of his normal self when he's on LW.

Stric

Even Messi is half of his normal self when he's on LW.

Well said. I don't think anyone would hold a LW-Messi to the same standard they hold Rafinha. I know we're used to having him around for any midfield/attacking position, but we shouldn't forget that he too has spots that suit him better than others. RW probably being his best one.

Home of Barca Fans