Rafinha Alcantara

serghei

Bite your tongue! I see more double pivots and I might go on a killing spree.

Well, it's either that or we play with the same men day in day out until Arda comes. We have 3 midfielders for 3 spots atm. We have CBs options and no midfield options. Mascherano has to catch some games there.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Well, it's either that or we go with the same men day in day out until Arda comes. We have 3 midfielders for 3 spots atm.

Rather use Roberto a bit, and call up Samper and give him mins at CM than see Mascherano as DM pushing Busi to CM. Weakening two positions.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Dani Alves once he is healthy could allow Roberto to deputize for Iniesta and Rakitic at least until January reinforcements arrive. Speaking off, he was excellent again at RB. Really surprised how well he is adopting to the role.

Really frustrated and sad from him. I can only imagine how he feels atm.

serghei

I don't think Lucho counts on Samper. So, he's out.

Messi doesn't run enough to play a permanent midfield role.

F

Flavia

Using Masch in midfield? Hell no. Use Roberto, and play Adriano until Alves is back. Or Samper. Or Gumbau.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Why not stick messi in midfield for a while an have munir/sandro play in rw

Again, weakening two positions, not the most optimal way to deal with this. No player will be better than Messi in RW, and Messi is not going to offer the workrate needed at midfield.

Roberto is best choice with Samper following suit.

serghei

We still have an elite first 11 to line-up in the next important games. Stegen/Bravo (soon), Alves - Pique (soon) - Mascherano - Alba, Rakitic - Busi - Iniesta, Messi - Suarez - Neymar.

Last edited:

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Could he not play a pirlo/xavi esq role just trotting around pinging passes around the pitch with his vision technique

Not in a 3 man midfield. Unless you switch to a 4-4-2 and put someone else to cover Messi, you'd be weakening both the midfield and the forward line.

MessiDinho10

I hope it's just a minor sprain, knees are the worst once you tear the ligaments. I hope Lucho will give Gumbau two or three games just to teach him that he is shit and has no future at Barça.

Home of Barca Fans