Rafinha Alcantara

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I wouldn't mind if he goes to Celta on a loan, but it depends on how we end up with Arda. If Arda stays, I don't see how Rafinha would get any minutes - especially now that we got D.Suarez and Gomes.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I've never been totally convinced with Rafinha, but it seems kind of unfair to loan him now... Sure, we have Arda, Gomes and Suárez, but they are all gambles at this point, while we know exactly what to expect from Rafinha...

I know his career might stagnate if he stays in such and overcrowded midfield, so hopefully the decision to leave isn't forced and comes directly from him and not from the club...

serghei

http://www.sportyou.es/noticias/celta-suena-regreso-rafinha-643919

This is saying both Rafinha and Mazinho liked the offer. And that Celta would offer 10m, plus a buyback clause to Barça. Maybe this could be a good thing. Sell also Verm and then there's money to maybe get a starting rb. I'm kinda worried with Vidal there, or even Bob.

Yea, sounds good. Playing almost everygame is very nice and Celta is a very good team from Spain. Their style is also attack-oriented, he has played there before, the fans and their players know him... I would sell him as long as the buyout is a little more than 10m. Something like 12-13m. max.

Co0ter

Average Celtic players made Vidal look shaky, he's just not a defender and that much is clear. I can't imagine playing against RM, Atletico or any CL game with him at RB. I trust Roberto more at this point, but he will always be a bandaid for me at that position, never a Barca starter quality player.

As for Rafinha, he's behind 5 other players for a CM role, arguably 6 if you consider Roberto ahead of him. It might be a good move for him, especially since I don't see him really being the type of player we need in CM role. He's slower too, and will lose some of whatever pace he did have to the injury as well.

Last edited:

serghei

Vidal's problems in defence are not the kind of problems that you can fix easily. He does some basic things badly, like the things a RB has to know by heart. I don't know what kind of RB he was before, but at Barca he looks like a winger that is forced to defend.

Stric

I did not see this coming, but with the arrival of Gomes and Denis Suarez it's not very surprising. I'd be sad to see him leave, but I would understand if he does consider it. Our midfield is crowded now, and he's too good to warm the bench all season, but probably not good enough to make a place for himself as the primary rotation midfielder, let alone a starter. He could get many more minutes and develop more quickly elsewhere.

Rafinha is an attacking player and I have no problem with him not playing or competing for the CM role. I'd love to see him as Iniesta's primary backup, and Gomes as Rakitić's, but still that leaves Arda, a big name signing that would probably get the nod ahead of him, and Denis Suarez. (I'm not sure what role Lucho has planned for Denis, though.)

Unless Lucho is planning to use Denis and Arda on the wings exclusively, which he probably isn't, Rafinha will have a hard time getting minutes.

Last edited:

Albo

Vidal's problems in defence are not the kind of problems that you can fix easily. He does some basic things badly, like the things a RB has to know by heart. I don't know what kind of RB he was before, but at Barca he looks like a winger that is forced to defend.

True, but attacking wise which is the quality what you need the most to play as a FB in Barcelona he is maybe 2-3 times better than Roberto.

Antimadridista1

Weird knowing that Lucho likes him a lot and will give him time to play no matter what.
10m really is not much though, a club like Porto would sell Rafinha for 40/50m euro, easily. We should at least get 25m.
He's a young brazilian international with a lot of potential and a great technical quality.

khaled_a_d

This is saying both Rafinha and Mazinho liked the offer. And that Celta would offer 10m, plus a buyback clause to Barça. Maybe this could be a good thing. Sell also Verm and then there's money to maybe get a starting rb. I'm kinda worried with Vidal there, or even Bob.

1-I would care more about our % if they sold him after.get something like Sanabria deal as Roma gets 50% of any future sale.
I can really see Rafinha as the kind of player who can be sold with twice the price (may be treble with the current market) if he turns into regular starter with a team like Celta for a couple of more seasons.he was already Liga young player of the year when he was 20./

2-I am not sure what RB we can in the market who can be a sure upgrade in our system.There is Cancelo but he might be even worse defensively than Vidal,Fabinho doesn't fit our system.we can get Bellerin shoes for the money we get from Rafinha & Vermaelen. May be if we keep Munir as back up CF and sell Arda,Rafinha & Vermaelen for 40M+ total we can afford him.

FC B

I'd frankly sell Arda to whomever offers at least 20 mill and keep Rafinha. 10 mill for a move to Celta is too little for a player of his talent/age while 20 mill for a player like Arda (today) would be absolutely God sent !

xXKonan

[tw]760216703078961152[/tw]

Accoriding to Thiago and Rafinha's sister this is Mazinho's real account.

Last edited:

ZenI

Professor Balthazar

I'd like that - sell Rafinha + Verm and get an RB + forward, than we have a good team on and of the field. Hell,I'd even go so far as to selling Arda now that we got Gomes and D.Suarez.

Home of Barca Fans