Rafinha Alcantara

i_bleed_blaugrana

Nah dude. Rafinha most reminds me of Iniesta for his style, yet he has a little more muscle and tenacity that is particularly useful when he is defending.

For Rafinha:

-He is faster, more dynamic and a much better dribbler than Xavi and has more to his game than just playing the incisive ball and dictating the tempo.
-He is better defensively than both Iniesta and Xavi
-His passing skills are roughly on par with his brother and Cesc and given a solid run of games as a role player for a season or two here, could be at Xavi and Iniesta's level

For me, the only weak spots in his game are his consistent involvement in games and he still looks a little raw at times, Neymar has the same problem. And that comes with maturing as an experienced footballer at this level. Basically he can be a right-sideded Iniesta, and its his ability to drift out wide and be effective like Iniesta that gets me excited to see him play here next season. I think him and Iniesta could be a lethal combo in the center of the pitch and we would be a lot more inventive in the final third with those two.

JamDav1982

Nah dude. Rafinha most reminds me of Iniesta for his style, yet he has a little more muscle and tenacity that is particularly useful when he is defending.

For Rafinha:

-He is faster, more dynamic and a much better dribbler than Xavi and has more to his game than just playing the incisive ball and dictating the tempo.
-He is better defensively than both Iniesta and Xavi
-His passing skills are roughly on par with his brother and Cesc and given a solid run of games as a role player for a season or two here, could be at Xavi and Iniesta's level

For me, the only weak spots in his game are his consistent involvement in games and he still looks a little raw at times, Neymar has the same problem. And that comes with maturing as an experienced footballer at this level. Basically he can be a right-sideded Iniesta, and its his ability to drift out wide and be effective like Iniesta that gets me excited to see him play here next season. I think him and Iniesta could be a lethal combo in the center of the pitch and we would be a lot more inventive in the final third with those two.

Totally disgaree. He has never been one to dictate games and his passing is not even close to the level of his brother.

For Celta last season he as 8th in terms of average passes made, 8th in terms of pass accuracy and gave away the ball more than any other player.

Not using those stats to show he is a bad player but what type of player he is and he is not the type to play alongside Iniesta.

Some of the ways you are desribing him there is way over the top for what he has ever shown. In my opinion.

L

Learo

Rafinha isnt even close to the level Iniesta and Xavi was at that age, let alone comparing him to Iniesta (and even Xavi) today. Not saying he wont make it with us, but he really needs to learn how to keep the ball. At 19, neither Iniesta nor Xavi lost the ball more than once every month or so. It was in their blood from the beginning.

Jurij

Perfect player for our team. Right now the only Barca player in another team that would have a great chance of breaking trough.

DinhoR10

Rafinha isnt even close to the level Iniesta and Xavi was at that age, let alone comparing him to Iniesta (and even Xavi) today. Not saying he wont make it with us, but he really needs to learn how to keep the ball. At 19, neither Iniesta nor Xavi lost the ball more than once every month or so. It was in their blood from the beginning.

This is sarcasm right? :lol:

But anyway, Congrats for Rafinha for coming back, he can bring workrate to our team and his passing won't be a problem he's a la masia graduate so he'll get into the swing of things.

jamrock

i don't think he will ever be as good as iniesta or xavi, his brother has more potential.
but whats it with people and x players wasn't as good as y player at a certain age, its irrelevant.

his passing his much better than the stats suggest before being used as a AM, everyone called him the more discipline of the two alcantara brothers, i could find clips to make the point but it would make no sense, but he can play the CM,AM hybrid role like his brother. they are both similar in that regard, but thiago as developed more in a CM for his younger days and rafa the opposite.

as i said if he because as good as he can be, he will me a more rounded iniesta, not as good obviously, but will have more to his game. almost a barcelona made box to box player.

DinhoR10

i don't think he will ever be as good as iniesta or xavi, his brother has more potential.
but whats it with people and x players wasn't as good as y player at a certain age, its irrelevant.

his passing his much better than the stats suggest before being used as a AM, everyone called him the more discipline of the two alcantara brothers, i could find clips to make the point but it would make no sense, but he can play the CM,AM hybrid role like his brother. they are both similar in that regard, but thiago as developed more in a CM for his younger days and rafa the opposite.

as i said if he because as good as he can be, he will me a more rounded iniesta, not as good obviously, but will have more to his game. almost a barcelona made box to box player.

Honestly the only difference I see is that Thiago has more flair than Rafinha ( Not saying he's as good but I don't see the thiago having more potential argument) but Rafinha as you said has more to his game than just the usual pass and move and can serve as an engine in the midfield with work rate, this would help alot with our defensive issues and also attacking issues once he presses tirelessly.

F

Frejsgodes

In which position do you guys think the lad will succeed?

Anywhere he wants to. He has the talent to succeed at CM, CAM or as a winger. Sky is the limit.

Just watching him makes me realize how lucky we as fans are and how bright the future of Barca is.

jamrock

in the midfield

he is good as a winger, but we have players coming up that are much better, delou and adama be the obvious two

Pepe Silvia

Gonna go back and study some film on this dude. Last I remember he was awesome before he got loaned out. Like Thiago but bigger and faster IIRC

Richard.H

How awesome would it be to see these two brothers be the future of our midfield? I could really see it happening as long as Rafinha lives up to the hype.

Zangash

Banned
How awesome would it be to see these two brothers be the future of our midfield? I could really see it happening as long as Rafinha lives up to the hype.

I'd rather not bring Thiago back at any point, unless all our countless midfield prospects all somehow manage to pull a Bojan. Even then, I'm sure there'd be better options by the time we have to worry about that.

Home of Barca Fans