Rafinha Alcantara

DucdeOrléans

5 goals already from Rafa this season. As I said a while ago, I genuinely think he will surpass his brother in the very near future.

So offer him this contract as soon as possible. It expires this summer!

Yugi

Barcelona B attacker Rafinha (18) could be called up for two BRA friendlies next month. His brother Thiago plays for ESP. [globoesporte]
renew his deal Rosell
NAO!

ZeeMessi

I think he will stay particularly with Thiago seeing good first team action. Rosell will be conjuring something up I'm sure!! :party1:

zanela

Rafa is hailed as the better talent compared to his Bro'. But there is a mere 2 years gap between them. So when Rafa makes the grade, there 'll be competition for mins and for the big stage. Looking life post Xavi, there is Iniesta, Cesc and Thiago in Midfield. For a big talent like Rafa, would rotation in the first team, suffice? He could ofc play the false 9, but he can't make that own either, for obvious reasons. There 'll bound to be foreign interests, that 'll assure him of regular star status. I'm assuming, like Thiago, his agent is Mazinho(we know he can be problematic) too. Any thoughts on his future?
Also, i've always wanted to ask this (esp those who've followed both bros' youth careers with greater regularity) In an ideal world, we'd love to 've both. But if things didn't turn out well and we could only keep just one, who would that be?

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
I think we'd be able to keep both, because they are so different. Thiago is obviously more technically talented and he's the more flashy player, but Rafinha has good finishing skills and is someone who works hard and is focused. He seems very determined.

I think it might be Sergi Roberto and Rafinha who have to battle it out instead.

Yugi

If we will play 343 in future than I believe Rafa could easily play behind Messi or Messi behind Rafa and they would be great. Rafa is typical AM and Thiago is more of Barcelona type midfielder. When Isaac Cuenca made his debuted vs Granada, Guardiola was asked about future in press conf. after match, he said they are working on renewal of Muniesa, Rafa and Montoya so I guess they are in his future plans too.
As for Sergi Roberto´s situation he should be our "new" Keita.. he has all his characteristics but seeing him this season, he is often very poor for Barca B (removing his goal) and is injured often too so his situation doesnt looks that good right now

Yugi

I am from Europe, from Slovakia
I like La Masia and all about our future altough I dont even speak spanish lol

jamrock

it will indeed be interesting to see where he fits in the first team in the future, especially with cesc,thiago and iniesta here, i don't see a obvious play for him in either a 4-3-3 or 3-4-3, has in all likelihood, cesc will take the position behind messi, with thiago and iniesta in midfield.

it would probably be better for his self development if he moves if i am just looking at it from his prospective, has it relates to who i would pick, lets say the both turn out to be the players we are expecting them to be, then i would take rafa, why?, goals win games and he is much more of a goal treat in the final 2rd than his brother. added to that the fact that i see masia producing a few more proper midfielders in the near future, while i don't see them producing a rafa type player.

Sell cesc says i and keep both.

Home of Barca Fans