Raheem Sterling

Jenks

I wouldn't be so sure. He's been poor since his return from injury, but before that he was City's best player in the Champions League. When on form he has great vision and movement, decent passing, and it's only really his finishing that lets him down. If he could sort that out you'd easily get 15-20 goals from him per season. It'll be more down to his attitude than talent that determines whether Guardiola keeps him or not I think.

BenRobbins

I wouldn't be so sure. He's been poor since his return from injury, but before that he was City's best player in the Champions League. When on form he has great vision and movement, decent passing, and it's only really his finishing that lets him down. If he could sort that out you'd easily get 15-20 goals from him per season. It'll be more down to his attitude than talent that determines whether Guardiola keeps him or not I think.

I know you like to stick up for the english players which is admirable but you can't say sterling has had a good season, its been absolutey abysmal. Even city fans will admit he has been a joke. He has a horrible attitude and is so overated. I didn't see it at first when liverpool fans were saying it, i thought they were just being bitter but he is a joke.

Jenks

I know you like to stick up for the english players which is admirable but you can't say sterling has had a good season, its been absolutey abysmal. Even city fans will admit he has been a joke. He has a horrible attitude and is so overated. I didn't see it at first when liverpool fans were saying it, i thought they were just being bitter but he is a joke.

Well I never said he had a good season, but to say it was abysmal is to be detached from reality. He scored as many goals as the season before and registered slightly more assists in a much more restrained role. He was average, not poor.

Adversus

I wonder if he will leave City. With Nolito going there and playing in his position on the left I can't see him getting many games.

serghei

The problem with Sterling is that he doesn't really seem to get better as he matures. Looks like quite an one dimensional player to me. Like a british Mohamed Salah, with the same crazy speed, pretty low football IQ and (often) bad finishing skills.

Last edited:

Jenks

I wonder if he will leave City. With Nolito going there and playing in his position on the left I can't see him getting many games.

Is Pep a manager that's likely to use De Bruyne or Silva as wide players though? Because there's slim chance Sterling will be behind Nasri or Navas.

Interlop

Honestly, I thought Robben and D.Costa will fail under Pep, too, so this time I'll reserve my thoughts until next year.

Nucky

He does have talent, he showed that in Liverpool.. He just needs to come down from the clouds in be that player he was while his time in Liverpool.. He may not be Pep type of player but neither was Robben and he shined under Pep.. Guardiola will make him better player..

Home of Barca Fans