Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sergio

Sergison
Guess it must be, as even looking at it from only a football point of view, they would still have to prioritize a striker over him anyway.

Thing is though, I can see it working, even at an inflated price, Barca would still sign Cesc I bet.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
I don't know why you all think Cesc will not join Madrid.

If he was given the chance to join Madrid and Barca are unwilling to meet Arsenal's valuation I can definitely see Cesc in Madrid.

Sergio

Sergison
Nobody questioned if he would or not. Madrid can't afford him, doesn't matter if he wants to if they can't meet the demands either.

Der Kaiser

I think he won´t want to play for real for several reasons:

1. He has lived in la masia, played for barca youth teams many years, therefore cannot be a fan of what the club of real madrid stands for.
2. With the current domination of barcelona in la liga, which seems to be lasting at least a few years more, he would be facing a similar situation he had at arsenal for many years, which is not winning a lot of titles or even none. I doubt he would want to leave the stage one day looking back at an almost club-title-less carreer.
3. his buddies pique and puyol play at barcelona.
4. with kaka, özil and alonso in madrid, there´s not much space left in the central midfield department in madrid.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
1. Lived in la masia and soon left for London.

2. With Cesc at Real with their current squad and some more additions they can easily win la liga in the next few years plus seriously challenge for the CL.

3. His international team-mates also play for Real Madrid.

4. Kaka will probably leave at the end of the season and Cesc and Alonso do not play in the same roles. Plus Cesc is more of an AM.

Sergio are you telling me the banks will not lend money to Madrid? get real (no pun intended) Cesc is a world star and will make money - plus perez is in with the banks. The banks will lend the money to madrid, do not worry about that.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt

2. With Cesc at Real with their current squad and some more additions they can easily win la liga in the next few years plus seriously challenge for the CL.

4. Kaka will probably leave at the end of the season and Cesc and Alonso do not play in the same roles. Plus Cesc is more of an AM.

Sergio are you telling me the banks will not lend money to Madrid? get real (no pun intended) Cesc is a world star and will make money - plus perez is in with the banks. The banks will lend the money to madrid, do not worry about that.
:lol: @ nr3. his personal relations to puyol and piqué is 10000x bigger than his friendship with casi or ramos.
I'll kill all of your predictions with a number 5 to davidLB:

Cesc's grandfather, who was him very close was a die-hard Culé.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
Ed there is no way on earth that Cesc would play for Madrid. He would become a hate figure and why complicate his life. Just becuase Torres left you...

Der Kaiser

ridiculous.
he´s born close to barcelona. someone who has stated so often that barcelona is his home will never join real madrid. comparing the relationship he has with puyol and especially pique to the ones he has with casillas, ramos and alonso is wrong. real has just bought özil and he´s doing very well and the fans like him, now a catalan is supposed to take his spot?? when real has higuain back and maybe bought another striker, özil, ronaldo and di maria are given in the attacking midfield.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Ed there is no way on earth that Cesc would play for Madrid. He would become a hate figure and why complicate his life. Just becuase Torres left you...

It's nothing to do with that.

You watch if Barca do not actively seek his transfer and/or do not match arsenal's valuation but Madrid do, do you think Cesc will think twice to join Madrid?

Cesc Fabregas has left Barcelona once. Why do you all think he has this undying loyalty to the club. If Madrid come calling and Barca say no to cesc, Cesc will have no hesitation in joining Madrid.

I will bet any money with you all.

Der Kaiser

when you´re 16 and have no idea whether you´re gonna make it in the barca 1st squad or not, arsenal offering you a long lasting contract is pretty tempting. It´s not like he left barca for a shitty spanish segunda division club...

anyway, he´ll come back to barca at some point.

ricknattery

You watch if Barca do not actively seek his transfer and/or do not match arsenal's valuation but Madrid do, do you think Cesc will think twice to join Madrid?

Cesc Fabregas has left Barcelona once. Why do you all think he has this undying loyalty to the club. If Madrid come calling and Barca say no to cesc, Cesc will have no hesitation in joining Madrid.

Minor detail, you cannot compare leaving for London and leaving for Madrid, when you are talking about a catalan

ricknattery

The news of an offer from RM for Cesc appear only in Marca. If you analize the way Marca does business you'd realize that they will "hypothetically" sign the best player of the upcoming rival of Barcelona.
Last week before the game Barca-Atletico, Marca claimed they will sign Kun Aguero, they said they had already reserved the number 10 (Lass current number) for him. They even talked about numbers, just like in this case. Same happened when Barca faced Atlethic Bilbao, in this case with Llorente. Same is happening with Cesc and Arsenal, next rivals of Barcelona in Champions. Same thing will happen the game after when Barca faces Bilbao, they will remember who Llorente is. Marca did a campaign to sign Carlo Ancelotti in 2006 in the CL semifinal against Barca, but like Barca won that game they completely forgot about Ancelotti, unlike Mourinho who did defeat Barca and now he is RM coach.
If Arsenal(along with Cesc) defeats Barca they will continue with their campaign towards signing him cos' "he defeated Barca". If he doesnt(which is most probable) they will resign from that purpose and will forget about all of this. That's how it works
In any case I would bet anything Cesc will not end up in Madrid, all of his family are Barca fanatics and they even profess the independentist tendency.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!

You are so off the mark it's actually quite frightening!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans