Real Madrid (old thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beast

The Observer
Based on what exactly ? :lol:
Nah the problem is tactical dependency on certain players without proper back up...
U have zero replacement for Marcelo and he adds a lot to the team attack always making room on the left side and playing as a winger.. Granero is the only replacement and i still maintain this was Jose biggest mistake yesterday that he took him out .. we lost our shape after he was taken out

if you lost Villa-Messi-Xavi-Alves-Pedro in one game you will be in deep shit and no replacement in your B team can fill those positions if all out injured in one game... and it's not like we didn't create anything (which also kinda make your post irrelevant ) anyone who watched the game knew it was a matter of luck that Sporting came out with the 3 points instead of a heavy defeat.. well done for them but still apples are apples

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
I've seen the whole game. Prior to the goal I think the best chance was that one where a Sporting player tried to go around Casillas. Only in the last minutes it was bonanza. I don't agree about the heavy defeat, thought Madrid were very poor. Ozil, Khedira, Adebayor, ... even Di Maria was frustrating as ever.

We were actually without Pedro-Messi-Xavi and perhaps our best defender in Abidal yesterday, and we played Villarreal away instead of Sporting at home, and the replacements did what they had to do, keeping the usual style.

You have names on the bench but that's where it ends. Jose doesn't use them either. How many times has he started with the same players? Albiol/Canales/... No idea they still existed, and suddenly they have to fill in. That ain't squad depth, that's just a bunch of names on the official match sheet.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Puyol as well indeed. Neither was Busquets doing his thing in midfield. Seems our team was even more reshuffled than Madrid's yesterday. :)

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
if you lost Villa-Messi-Xavi-Alves-Pedro in one game you will be in deep shit and no replacement in your B team can fill those positions if all out injured in one game...

I don't wanna get into the debate of "would you win" etc. but this is an interesting point. you played:

Iker
Ramos Albiol Carvalho Arbeloa
Lass Khedira Granero
Di Maria Adebayor Oezil​

missing for you were Xabi, Marcelo, Benzema, Cristiano and Kaka. Pepe and Higgers came off the bench.

so translate that for us: Xavi, Alves, Messi, Pedro and Keita would be out. and we'd have Piqué and Villa come off the bench.

so we'd have to start with:

Valdés
Adriano Puyol Abidal Maxwell
Thiago Mascherano Busquets
Iniesta Bojan Afellay​

I'd be very interested to see such a team take the field. the domination of the game would be total, and you'd back us to find a way to score, especially with Villa coming off the bench.

Beast

The Observer
I've seen the whole game. Prior to the goal I think the best chance was that one where a Sporting player tried to go around Casillas. Only in the last minutes it was bonanza. I don't agree about the heavy defeat, thought Madrid were very poor. Ozil, Khedira, Adebayor, ... even Di Maria was frustrating as ever.

We were actually without Pedro-Messi-Xavi and perhaps our best defender in Abidal yesterday, and we played Villarreal away instead of Sporting at home, and the replacements did what they had to do, keeping the usual style.

You have names on the bench but that's where it ends. Jose doesn't use them either. How many times has he started with the same players? Albiol/Canales/... No idea they still existed, and suddenly they have to fill in. That ain't squad depth, that's just a bunch of names on the official match sheet.

I'm not comparing us to Barca in case you misunderstood .. u have a fixed system through out the ranks which helps filling in the gaps unlike us .. i'm laughing at the City comparison which was absurd

To enlighten you about last night game instead of using our quote "Cherchez la femme " i'd say "Cherchez la Adebayoor " (yeah i kept the female la ) ..through out the game
including the disallowed goal.. it wasn't pretty but don't say we hadn't any except the last bit .. Sami header before the break and than plenty of Ozil ,Higuain till the last minute..

I don't wanna get into the debate of "would you win" etc. but this is an interesting point. you played:

Iker
Ramos Albiol Carvalho Arbeloa
Lass Khedira Granero
Di Maria Adebayor Oezil​

missing for you were Xabi, Marcelo, Benzema, Cristiano and Kaka. Pepe and Higgers came off the bench.

so translate that for us: Xavi, Alves, Messi, Pedro and Keita would be out. and we'd have Piqué and Villa come off the bench.

so we'd have to start with:

Valdés
Adriano Puyol Abidal Maxwell
Thiago Mascherano Busquets
Iniesta Bojan Afellay​

I'd be very interested to see such a team take the field. the domination of the game would be total, and you'd back us to find a way to score, especially with Villa coming off the bench.

Higuain coming back after 5 month lay off isn't exactly something to hold as a positive thing he is still far from match sharpness .. and i do beg to differ u would dominate anything tbh .. needless to say Bojan is 10000 times better than Lady Togo

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I'm not comparing us to Barca in case you misunderstood .. u have a fixed system through out the ranks which helps filling in the gaps unlike us .. i'm laughing at the City comparison which was absurd

the fixed system is the big thing. as you say, helps plug gaps.

Higuain coming back after 5 month lay off isn't exactly something to hold as a positive thing he is still far from match sharpness .. and i do beg to differ u would dominate anything tbh .. needless to say Bojan is 10000 times better than Lady Togo

I wasn't making any judgements on how useful Higgers was or whatever, I was just saying it like it is.

and considering we dominated in El Madrigal last night playing a very similar assortment of players, I think that lineup could definitely dominate, and probably eek a goal out from somewhere as Bojan has a knack for doing that. we wouldn't be as bombastic, for sure, but I think we'd cope better than you ended up doing. but as you say above, that'll be because of the fixed system which gives us "better" squad depth.

Beast

The Observer
Villarreal was never about domination Meta, u know that buddy .. counter attack efficient football with some amazing slick passing..
When did they dominate possession vs U or Us ? not even during Pellegrini era

Beast

The Observer
Same injury list nothing changed till now.. playing Cr is a big risk he will be like Lyon game (invisible )

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
No he don't need to.. Adeshitdoor existence is pretty simple = cover up the Higuain injury .. he is on loan .. the one who should be running to prove himself is Lady Togo , Jose owe him nothing

I don't mind Cr missing vs Spurs .. but Xabi and Marcelo will hurt... Higuain is still not match sharp (although he showed good game last night ) but he is still far from the old Higuain naturally .
Benzema out means we are stuck with Lady Togo vs Spurs.. i expect a 1-0 sort of win ..

I don't know man... Didn't Mou fight with the hierarchy for that signing!? It was his signing and the blame is all his to take. Especially since he ignored that budding youth striker of yours...and to make the matter worse for him, not only has Adebarndoor hurt you big time with all those missed chances but the aforementioned striker is kicking ass in the lower division! Adebarndoor didn't help you much in the run-in for league nor did he do much in getting you to CL quarters while you missed a glorious chance of integrating the youngster into the squad!! Now he'll make a Soldado very successfully. And the irony of the situation is Soldado netting four goals at a ground very next to you guys yesterday :D

Although in support to your arguement Mou said yesterday that it's in the club's hands to make the deal permanent. Nice way of avoiding the blame there :p

Beast

The Observer
Should be back.. Marcelo and Benzema not .. CR very doubtful and any attempt to play him early will backfire

I don't know man... Didn't Mou fight with the hierarchy for that signing!? It was his signing and the blame is all his to take. Especially since he ignored that budding youth striker of yours...and to make the matter worse for him, not only has Adebarndoor hurt you big time with all those missed chances but the aforementioned striker is kicking ass in the lower division! Adebarndoor didn't help you much in the run-in for league nor did he do much in getting you to CL quarters while you missed a glorious chance of integrating the youngster into the squad!! Now he'll make a Soldado very successfully. And the irony of the situation is Soldado netting four goals at a ground very next to you guys yesterday :D

Although in support to your arguement Mou said yesterday that it's in the club's hands to make the deal permanent. Nice way of avoiding the blame there :p

Lol you have a memory problem Estel.. first Morocco and now this :D
Jose fought for a striker signing not Adebayoor signing.. he just wanted any striker Ruud , Llorente , Adeshitdoor any one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans