Penal Madrid

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Real Madrid bench team withstanding Bayern's A team minus Lewandowski and Thiago pretty well.

Hm. Bayern were the better team for the majority of the past 55 minutes, not even by a little (I would give Real the first 10-15 minutes).

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Hm. Bayern were the better team for the majority of the past 55 minutes, not even by a little (I would give Real the first 10-15 minutes).

Because they were the bench team playing at the friggin Allianz, missing many key starters. I actually thought they did well in the first half than the second half after they subbed on Modric and James.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Real Madrid is really building for the future. Just look at the following list of youngsters (all under 25, most of them are on the younger side of 20 - 25), most of who are starters already.

Forwards: Mayoral (the prolific scorer with Spain U19), Morata
Attacking midfielders: Jese, James, Arsensio, Kovacic, Isco, Odegaard
Defensive Midfielders: Casemiro, Lucas Silva
Wing Backs: Carvajal, Danilo
Center Backs: Varane, Vallejo (the captain of Spain U19, dubbed the successor of Sergio Ramos)
GK: De Gea

Not to mention Bale and Kroos that are only slightly over 25 years old.

Ours? :(

Beast

The Observer
Titles are not won on paper, otherwise the Galactico's would have won everything for 4-5 years...
They need to gel + proper manager + proper tactical formation.. needless to say we rely on goals from Ronaldo for the past 6 years... he is declining & we need an alternative outlet or at least sharing the goal threat duties

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Titles are not won on paper, otherwise the Galactico's would have won everything for 4-5 years...
They need to gel + proper manager + proper tactical formation.. needless to say we rely on goals from Ronaldo for the past 6 years... he is declining & we need an alternative outlet or at least sharing the goal threat duties

You guys played well in the few games that Ronaldo did not play and there were plenty of goals. As decisive as Ronaldo has been, I actually think not always having to look to feed him the ball will unleash the scoring potentials of several players of yours.

Agreed on the rest of what you said. That said, the depth alone provided by these young players is scary. And I take you will have an easier transition when the old guards are starting to phase out.

xavi_the_Boss

Real Madrid is really building for the future. Just look at the following list of youngsters (all under 25, most of them are on the younger side of 20 - 25), most of who are starters already.

Forwards: Mayoral (the prolific scorer with Spain U19), Morata
Attacking midfielders: Jese, James, Arsensio, Kovacic, Isco, Odegaard
Defensive Midfielders: Casemiro, Lucas Silva
Wing Backs: Carvajal, Danilo
Center Backs: Varane, Vallejo (the captain of Spain U19, dubbed the successor of Sergio Ramos)
GK: De Gea

Not to mention Bale and Kroos that are only slightly over 25 years old.

Ours? :(

We are transfer banned.Nothing we can do right now.Atleast for this year.
Guys like Adriano,Mathieu will probably be replaced next year.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
We are transfer banned.Nothing we can do right now.Atleast for this year.
Guys like Adriano,Mathieu will probably be replaced next year.

Sure. But I think the underlying message is, as we discussed on the Kovacic thread, we have a different philosophy and priorities these days than Real Madrid. We are trying to capitalize as much as possible of Messi's peak years and patch up a few obvious holes with established players, while Real Madrid has the future and long term in mind.

Home of Barca Fans