Penal Madrid

Beast

The Observer
Oh blind it seems

show me where i said we played great against Gijon ?
you were very boring & predictable under Tito.. just like us last night

Yes you can win the league because there is more than 16-17 teams who we both can walk all over them... but how was your duels ? it's the same thing that was taken against Carlo too... how was your top games ?

BBZ8800

All I'm saying is I don't know if Madrid has ever put trust into young players when there is a proven player already in place. Has there ever been a situation in Madrid like we had here with Busquets and Toure?

Young Raul, young Casillas, young Guti, then youngsters whom they bought and who played right away even though they were aged 21, Hierro and Morientes, or Seedorf aged 20.
They had their Xavi+Iniesta+Puyol also.

There is always a question:
1. whether they don't have faith in their youngsters either?
2. or their current youngsters are not as good as those "legendary" players?

Last edited:

Yugi

yeah, its not like Messi actually scored against every big team multiple times and helped us win titles...but yeah Liga sucks

Trickykid

Oh blind it seems

show me where i said we played great against Gijon ?
you were very boring & predictable under Tito.. just like us last night

Yes you can win the league because there is more than 16-17 teams who we both can walk all over them... but how was your duels ? it's the same thing that was taken against Carlo too... how was your top games ?

I can understand why you're trying to derail the discussion, but this all started when you compared a team that doesn't create chances to a team that created loads. And yes, that was against Gijon; a team Tiro's Barca would most likely have destroyed - you even admitted as much yourself. This has fuck all to do with games against top tier opposition.

Now, again, I didn't get to see your stellar performance last night, so perhaps you were indeed the spitting image of Tito's Barca, but in my world comparing a team that can't create chances to a team where chances and goals were the name of the game just doesn't make sense to me.

Beast

The Observer
As i said.. i can easily say we created loads with 27 shots....but that's not what happened isn't it ? neither where you creating more chances you just wanted to walk with the ball inside the goal

Barca were more pass pass & than pass.. i'm sure you remember the phrase walking inside the goal instead of shooting...

Tito's Barca would have got the same result last night bar a moment of magic from Messi

Trickykid

As i said.. i can easily say we created loads with 27 shots....but that's not what happened isn't it ? neither where you creating more chances you just wanted to walk with the ball inside the goal

:lol:
This makes soooo little sense. Why would you say that you created loads of chances on the basis of number of shots, when you clearly didn't?
And even better; Tito's Barca apparently didn't create chances either, but just walked the ball into goal 115 times in 38 games? :lol:

Seriously, buddy, let's just leave it at that.

Beast

The Observer
We did create chances if you watched the game all of them predictable moves that worked (in terms of penetration ) but failed in executing the final shot but as i said you seems like a stats guy.. so enjoy the 115 goals in 38 games .. Tito's Barca was great.. very great.. i won't add more out of respect for the late Tito but his thread is there and the people comments are there too

Icarium

Lifestealer
Tata barca I agree but tito barca was very good imo. If messi wasnt GOATing what you say would be true but the fact is he was on another level before injury.

Beast

The Observer
Tata barca I agree but tito barca was very good imo. If messi wasnt GOATing what you say would be true but the fact is he was on another level before injury.

PSG ? Milan ? Bayern Munich ? Real ?

5 wins only from 12 in the champions league ?

what was good actually ? beating the Gijon's & Elche's of la liga ?

you guys seems to forget many things .. understandable considering how sad Tito passed away in such a young age but here is for example Flavia output in the Tito thread

Except it's not more successful. The games agains rm, psg, milan 1st leg and bayern showed that in a painful and obvious way. Barca was the best team in the world while Pep was here. Even last season, losing the lliga and the cl, the team played a lot better. If by any chance rm hadn't imploded with mourinho this season, I don't know if the difference would be 15 points. And I think it had more to do with Messi's insane scoring form than with Tito's tactics.

I compared one semi to the other because the gap was huge. Barça failed to convert the chances against chelsea, but still managed to play better. Against bayern it was an abysmal display, the worst I've seen in a long time. Everything was lacking, including a coach that would react to what was going on and do something, on both games.

Then you should see Barça against rm, or on the cl this and last season. Even losing the game of 2012 at camp nou to rm, what rm did to barça this year was far, far worse. The way the team played against the big teams this season was laughable. Getafe and espanyol will never be the benchmarks for a team like Barça.

No, it's not just consistency in the league. CL matters a lot also. Only 5 wins in 12 CL games, with 3 draws, 4 losses and that aggreagate of 7-0 is just unacceptable. The worse lost in I don't know how many decades. You're ignoring the CL just to try to prove Tito is a good coach for Barça. Barça was bad vs Celtic, Milan, rm, Psg and Bayern. And the worse part for me was he didn't try again the formation that beat Milan. It was just that game. Than it all came back to the old formation and tactics.

And on the league, Messi bailed out the team countless times. His streak of 19 games scoring in a row was more decisive than Tito. I highly doubt the team would be even on 2nd spot without Messi, let alone win it.

..... People forget so easily

Icarium

Lifestealer
There is nothing wrong with what I said. Messi was playing amazingly that is why we looked great most of the time. Without messi in that form yes team is shit I agree.

Darko

Tito's Barca was a disaster, never once did we look like we would win in the games against top opposition like Bayern and Real. And Messi demolished everybody else, hence the 115 goals.

Ritchie

Tito's Barca was a disaster, never once did we look like we would win in the games against top opposition like Bayern and Real. And Messi demolished everybody else, hence the 115 goals.

They won nearly every game under Tito. Bayern game was Roura after Tito took ill.

Yugi

you shouldnt talk about Tito´s Barca because after December (after he went to NY), it wasn´t Tito´s Barca anymore, not even remotely

oh and:

CNME5blUYAADHwn.jpg:large

Beast

The Observer
you shouldnt talk about Tito´s Barca because after December (after he went to NY), it wasn´t Tito´s Barca anymore, not even remotely

oh and:

CNME5blUYAADHwn.jpg:large

Why do you lot make it like we are happy with Rafa tactics or the team performance ???

lol.... as if we are saying Rafa is better than Tito ? Rafa is worse ... much worse

Home of Barca Fans