Rodri

Total-Football

Rodri name thrown for ballon dor discussion shows how pathetic football is now talent wise lmao.

Yeah.. comfortably best DM in the world. That's why pep is a goat manager. Great managers make players better not just "employ them right"

fergus90

He is top class but I do think he's had much tougher nights than tonight. France's midfield of Tchouameni, Rabiot and Kante was garbage.

serghei

He is the leader of this team. Him and Carvajal imo add the top class quality and everything around them slots in nicely. They are big game players full of trophies.

Maradona37

Rodri name thrown for ballon dor discussion shows how pathetic football is now talent wise lmao.

Yeah.. comfortably best DM in the world. That's why pep is a goat manager. Great managers make players better not just "employ them right"
He's more talented, intelligent, and a better team player (as well as understanding the game) than someone like Bellingham. Bellingham will come up with more magic moments, but he won't dominate a game like Rodri can.

I get your point though that players are less talented now.

serghei

I think he is more than just the best DM, I think his quality is already that of one of the best players on the planet indifferent of position. Especially in this lesser generation in terms of quality.

jamrock

Rodri winning, when Iniesta didn't for being goated at the euros and xavi never winning, would be a shame, but in a strange way also justice.

jamrock

He's definitely not just the best DM, He's the best midfielder Period, only player that could touch him was KDB, gundogan, modric and kroos and they are all pass their best.

Maradona37

Rodri winning, when Iniesta didn't for being goated at the euros and xavi never winning, would be a shame, but in a strange way also justice.
It's harder to win in a prime Messi era though. Plus Xavi and Iniesta weren't PR merchants like Ronaldo.

Rodri wouldn't have won it in Xavi and Iniesta's era either, and they would be the two best players in the world now if in prime.

The BD is something of a popularity contest though. Though Messi deserved it every year he won it still.

serghei

It's harder to win in a prime Messi era though. Plus Xavi and Iniesta weren't PR merchants like Ronaldo.

Rodri wouldn't have won it in Xavi and Iniesta's era either, and they would be the best players in the world now.

The BD is something of a popularity contest though. Thugh Messi deserved it every year he won it still.
Close to impossible that. Xavi and Iniesta probably have 2 a piece easily in a normal era. Probably more in a lesser era.

fergus90

I think he is more than just the best DM, I think his quality is already that of one of the best players on the planet indifferent of position. Especially in this lesser generation in terms of quality.
I think best DM actual limits him. Best midfield altogether, as he sets the tempo, got a great pass selection but also scores shit loads of crucial goals. He attacks the box a fair amount.

Maradona37

Close to impossible that. Xavi and Iniesta probably have 2 a piece easily in a normal era. Probably more in a lesser era.
Exactly my point.

Xavi and Iniesta are so underrated. I still think they were the two best players after Messi - not Ronaldo - but I don't talk about it much as it's an unpopular opinion.

serghei

I think best DM actual limits him. Best midfield altogether, as he sets the tempo, got a great pass selection but also scores shit loads of crucial goals. He attacks the box a fair amount.
In the last 2 years overall... I put only Vinicius above him personally. No other offensive player that makes a difference often enough. Mbappe, De Bruyne, not getting enough done imo. Haaland even less so.

Even offensively, rodri packed some great clutch goals in him in City's treble season, including the biggest decider of them all. Just a great player.

companyofcules

In my opinion Messi, Rodri should have been the debate in 22023.
Also since Messi is gone, Benzema gone, Cr7 retired, Mbappe having a bad season, Vini vs Rodri might be a decent debate. If Kevin scores that open net in a game where City totally dominated Real, for me Kevin, Rodri and Stones should have won depending on the Euro. No debate, the guys are at their prime, one of the best performances you will ever see in their possitions they delivered now for 2 years.

Home of Barca Fans