Rodri

serghei

De Bruyne didn't have a very good season. Injured for a long time, not that great overall. Quite poor at the Euros too. He's a bit past it. No surprise he's looking at options in Arabia for a big paycheck.

companyofcules

De Bruyne didn't have a very good season. Injured for a long time, not that great overall. Quite poor at the Euros too. He's a bit past it. No surprise he's looking at options in Arabia for a big paycheck.
With Real was quite the main guy but blew that chance. Now of course, he had a difficult season, but City too because of him missing and because of Haland playing. I would not count Belgium as a serious team but I told you, the way to decide would have been the Euro and for now Rodri is in the final.

companyofcules

Btw, I think he has one year at least in his tank. The hype is too big expecting too much from a CAM but the guy at his job is still the best for now.

Maradona37

I remember when Casemiro made the team of the season in England over him. It was ridiculous then and would be even more ridiculous now. Casemiro has always been a yard dog who lacks Rodri's technique, passing and game IQ.

That was a month before Rodri won the treble - in a season he was likely Man City's best player, and he scored the winner in the CL Final.

Not to turn the thread into a Rodri droolfest, but it shows how underrated he has been and still is. It's bizarre he doesn't get the credit he deserves from some fans.

khaled_a_d

That was a month before Rodri won the treble - in a season he was likely Man City's best player, and he scored the winner in the CL Final.

That was also a game that he was the worst player in City, always targeted by Inter player's as he was identified as City's weak link in midfield, rightfully too.
The goal was the only thing people will remember though

Maradona37

That was also a game that he was the worst player in City, always targeted by Inter player's as he was identified as City's weak link in midfield, rightfully too.
The goal was the only thing people will remember though
Wasn't his best game, or City's. That is true. But I was just adding the goal as a cherry on top of how great he was for the majority of the season.

Maradona37

I know Zubimendi is a good player, and he fitted in seamlessly, but I admit to being worried when this master of midfield had to be substituted due to injury at half-time. It had all the hallmarks of an England spawn job. As I said, he is the best player in the world for me, and has been for about three years.

I don't care about the Ballon d'or, but I would like to see him win it. I heard he has no online presence and doesn't seem to be a PR type in general, which is refreshing in this era of fake, manufactured, desperate for adulation 'superstars' like a certain Englishman and a certain Portuguese.

He's a footballer's footballer.

Home of Barca Fans