Romelu Lukaku

ajnotkeith

Training with the U21s. Chelsea want rid of him at all costs it seems.

This opinion will probably get me some flack but I think we should absolutely take him on loan if he's available and I think he would be a better striker than Lewandowski. It also allows us to bench Lewandowski this season and prepare to break his contract next year.

Despite his history of choking in big moments he is still a very good striker, very strong and fast and much harder to bully than Lewa is. I can see him having some great games against the less physical LaLiga CBs.

The only issue would be how much we'd have to pay or how much of his wages we'd have to cover. Unfortunately having Lewa means this isn't a very cost friendly move as you already have a striker you are paying huge wages to on the season, but if the club is interested in making sure he plays less than 50% of games this season, finding another striker in the short term who has the ability to justify benching him could be a good move.

I don't see Victor taking the starting job as good as he's been in preseason and Roque will likely leave (even if he stayed, probably would not start over Lewa).

Home of Barca Fans