Samuel Umtiti

serghei

He has no right to ask for as much as the likes of Pique, Iniesta, Busi or even Alba. Morally that is, because you can ask how much you want in the end. What's Alba's salary? Pretty sure it's not 9m. net a year and he's been a top 3 LB for 4-5 years. This is Umtiti's first top season for us and it's not even over.

Pretty sure many Madrid players, multiple CL winners and such, aren't on 9m. net a year. Carvajal must be the best RB in the world these days, when he doesn't play like a drunk idiot. What is he on, out of curiousity?

And, contrary to what people think, our defense has been playing better because of tactical changes from Valverde, not masterclass individual performances. I think we kept our defensive performances up in the month Umtiti was out too.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

Confident he'll stay. Really hope he does; big fan. But not sure it's worth breaking wage bill over. If he goes for sixty, I say we get Alderwierald?? (spl) for 40 or whatever, and depending on Vermaelen and Mina, how much trust Valverde has in them, maybe try for De Ligt for long term. Like I say, I would be very sorry to see him go, but we'd survive. No one's bigger than the club.

Alterwald for 40 million? Lol! He's old and out of contract soon. I say we get Upemanco for 50 million. Hell, we could get Inigo Martinez.

Football has become too money oriented. Umtiti has been great for us but that doesn't mean he can jump the queue. I thought he was an intelligent, down to earth guy. He hasn't been with us for two full seasons and he's already acting like he's some super star.

And fuck the epl and Mourinho.

His agent is just using Utd to get him a better contract. Ramos did the same a few years ago.

He'll renew but it'll probably be after the world cup. Until then it's all just negotiation tactics.

Also, Sport is fake news. Take everything they say with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

clemente

Obviously just trying to milk the best out of the contract, but of course if he would play for other club for a higher wage then I don't see whats the point of keeping someone like that in the locker room.

ASordidGod

Alterwald for 40 million? Lol! He's old and out of contract soon. I say we get Upemanco for 50 million. Hell, we could get Inigo Martinez.

Football has become too money oriented. Umtiti has been great for us but that doesn't mean he can jump the queue. I thought he was an intelligent, down to earth guy. He hasn't been with us for two full seasons and he's already acting like he's some super star.

And fuck the epl and Mourinho.

40 mill for a top quality, proven defender really isn't that much. And he's 29, not old for a centre back by any means. He has struggled with injuries recently admittedly which is a worry, but bear in mind if Umtiti goes (and I don't think he will) whoever we bring in will be first team, meaning they need to be ready now, not in five years or whatever. Oh, and Martinez has literally just moved I'm pretty sure, as Laporte's replacement, so that ship's sailed.

El Gato

Villarato!
He has no right to ask for as much as the likes of Pique, Iniesta, Busi or even Alba. Morally that is, because you can ask how much you want in the end. What's Alba's salary? Pretty sure it's not 9m. net a year and he's been a top 3 LB for 4-5 years. This is Umtiti's first top season for us and it's not even over.

Morals aren't the only factor. Morally Bale has no right to be earning 10K less per week than Ronaldo.

And Alba earns just over £5M. But then again he's your run of the mill unmarketable wing back who isn't looking for a large salary.

serghei said:
Pretty sure many Madrid players, multiple CL winners and such, aren't on 9m. net a year. Carvajal must be the best RB in the world these days, when he doesn't play like a drunk idiot. What is he on, out of curiousity?

Umtiti is on ~£4M. Carvajal is on £4.4M. But both him and Nacho are signed until 2020 and will be looking to get a raise on their next and likely biggest contract of their careers within the next year.

Only the likes of Casemiro don't really give a damn about wages and will be on ~£5M for the entirety of his stay.

serghei said:
And, contrary to what people think, our defense has been playing better because of tactical changes from Valverde, not masterclass individual performances. I think we kept our defensive performances up in the month Umtiti was out too.

Lol, yes, that's one step closer to saying "any promising player could thrive" here. Keep going with this rhetoric and you'll see how flawed it is dude.

Last edited:

FC B

No he is not. He is basically our only cheap and good signing in last 4 or 5 years. Defensive qualities of Vermaelen are outstanding when he is healthy so he is not comparable to some young guy from Sevilla. Saying that we could easily replace Umtiti is just ignorant. If finding young and talented player who can so easily excel is so damn easy how come we ended up with Chygrynskiy, Gomes, Hleb, Denis, Song, Geovanni, Henrique, Keirrison etc. Umtiti was a f... jack pot considering our transfer history.

I'd buy Lenglet for 30 mill. to be our 3rd CB option even if Umtiti stayed.

Givenchy

We'll pay him what it takes, I don't buy into this bullshit about 'Barca are broke, they have no money left' watch us buy Griezmann for 100m in the summer. when Messi retires/goes back to Argentina in 4-5 years we'll have a HUGE amount of wages to use up (obviously we'll need to use them aswell considering how important the GOAT is)

serghei

Lol, yes, that's one step closer to saying "any promising player could thrive" here. Keep going with this rhetoric and you'll see how flawed it is dude.

Good thing I didn't say that then. There's quite a bit of difference between my words there and your added embellishments.

Umtiti is not the only CB out there who can progress from being good to very good in 2 seasons. He is an important part of our defense, but, again, the defense has been working just as well when he was injured in La Liga. Now, if he performs to an incredible level in CL and we see monster Umtiti leading us to some magical games vs the likes of City, Bayern, or Madrid, then yes, we can all sing a different tune and proclaim him the best CB in the world, well worth of one of the biggest salaries in the team. Until then, not so much.

He'll have the CL and the World Cup to cement his status as a world class CB. Play amazing, show you're the real deal leading Barca's defense and Les Bleus, and the money will come.

Last edited:

FCBfan22

Good thing I didn't say that then. There's quite a bit of difference between my words there and your added embellishments.

Umtiti is not the only CB out there who can progress from being good to very good in 2 seasons. He is an important part of our defense, but, again, the defense has been working just as well when he was injured in La Liga. Now, if he performs to an incredible level in CL and we see monster Umtiti leading us to some magical games vs the likes of City, Bayern, or Madrid, then yes, we can all sing a different tune and proclaim him the best CB in the world, well worth of one of the biggest salaries in the team. Until then, not so much.

He'll have the CL and the World Cup to cement his status as a world class CB. Play amazing, show you're the real deal leading Barca's defense and Les Bleus, and the money will come.

Well, looking from the other side, Paulinho, Paco and Gomes earn more than him. We need to find a middle ground.

if rumors true,
Extend his contract and increase the selling clause to $100-120 millions
Find a replacement, then bench his ass, and then wait for someone to pay his clause or try to offer him to another team and sell him for around $100 millions.
We don't mess round here, boi!

FCBfan22

if rumors true,
Extend his contract and increase the selling clause to $100-120 millions
Find a replacement, then bench his ass, and then wait for someone to pay his clause or try to offer him to another team and sell him for around $100 millions.
We don't mess round here, boi!

He is not stupid to sign something like that...

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Not gonna pine for Umtiti if he wants to move to earn more cash. I still do maintain that Dembele failing to blend in was on him too. He was the one who was supposed to be his guide into adapting.

He could have handled that interview better too and instead of playing the joker he could have just said I am happy at Barcelona (that would have been respectful) or just kept silent.

On the other note, time has obviously come that the club needs to slap completely unrealistic release clauses because you never know how insane those oil cunts can get. Those things NEED to be moved off the table as negotiation tactics. Players who don't want to discuss on those terms can fuck off as long as I care.

Home of Barca Fans