Samuel Umtiti

xXKonan

This has to be the first time since the 2009/10 Season we signed a young CB that wasn't from La Masia or been converted into one.

The last one I believe who was young at the time was Chygrynskiy and he was sold just one season after we bought him.

xavi_the_Boss

Lol.Sport.
[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="de"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">According to Barcelona sources, deal on Samuel Umtiti (22) is not yet totally done, but contract being drawn up. Fee less than 30M. [sport]</p>— barcastuff (@barcastuff) <a href="https://twitter.com/barcastuff/status/743878817987571712">17. Juni 2016</a></blockquote>[/tw]

xXKonan

Sport changed their tune down the line.

They got the part right where he was one of our options but where they got it wrong was they reported Lucho, wasn't interested in him and turned down the chance to sign him. Besides MD, rac1 and other reliable outlets started reporting a deal was close and Sport despite the two "Unsigned" reports of us not going for him eventually they fell in line with the rest.

Sport get's their fair share of stuff right (Mascherano-Alves) deal this summer but this one they got it wrong and MD got it right. :lol:

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
This has to be the first time since the 2009/10 Season we signed a young CB that wasn't from La Masia or been converted into one.

The last one I believe who was young at the time was Chygrynskiy and he was sold just one season after we bought him.

Chygrynsky and Henrique, if I'm not mistaken

xXKonan

Chygrynsky and Henrique, if I'm not mistaken
Which was about 7+ years ago damn. When it came to young CBs we had some ones a lot were hyped up coming through the system like Bartra,Fontas,Muniesa and perhaps even Sergi Gómez I could see why perhaps we never went for a young CB for the Squad outside La Masia at that time.

Fontas and Gomez ended up not being good enough for us and left and they went to Celta, and Muniesa struggled with Bad injuries and left for Stoke. Bartra, was the closest to perhaps maybe one day being a starter for Barca, but after several seasons of not getting the trust and very little game time it hurt his development and he decided to seek greener pastures at Dortmund.

Umtiti and perhaps even Lemos are the first two young CBs in years we decided to buy outside the system.

I don't think sport know much. neither do people in france. There may be an agreement with Lyon but personal terms would probably be agreed upon only after the euro

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Would probably be better to have an announcement ASAP so he can focus on the team and tournament instead of all the rumors and journos asking about it every day.

Home of Barca Fans