Samuel Umtiti

kilian

Injury really set him back. He went from a top 3 cb in the world to segunda level.
Kinda shocked to see him play like this. I hope he can regain his level.

giorgoXXI

Worst performance from a CB since Yerry Mina vs Levante last year.

I think Barca will look to close De Ligt soon after watching Umtiti tonight.

Havesaks

God - give the guy a break, he just came back from knee injury and hasn't played for a long time. It takes time, he will be back next season.

raki

He looked good. Then again, they played Moldavia and Iceland, so it's difficult to judge him defensively, opponents had something like 2 shots combined.

And France is a conservative team. Low block. Barça today was absolute chaos. I cannot admit that after 2 seasons with a coach.
Unbearable.

Havesaks

he's been back for 6 weeks and played twice with France during the international break

Yes, but has barely played. 6 weeks may sound a lot, but itsnt if you don't play, and a lot of players before him have taken several months to regain their level after severe injuries like the one he had. Our midfield had an off day, so did our whole back line including to some extend ter Stegen. He was worse in the first two matches he got, you just couldn't tell because the opponents didn't exploit it and our general play was better. What we can take from this match is that he looked sharper psychically - a lot compared to before. Not as good as before, but quiet better. Also, he didn't look scare to go in for tackles and play his game.

His positioning was way off (like last times) but it will come back when he has played some more matches. T

. Also he played as RCB, never done that before in barca shirt, maybe in his career.

Havesaks

Haha Umtitis performance really looked almost as bad as Minas vs Levante (i don't think i will ever forget that one, costing us the invincibles season....), but Mina was all considered way worse. He was literally the sole reason we lost that game and conceded 5 (!) goals.

Messigician

Haha Umtitis performance really looked almost as bad as Minas vs Levante (i don't think i will ever forget that one, costing us the invincibles season....), but Mina was all considered way worse. He was literally the sole reason we lost that game and conceded 5 (!) goals.

Duh because Mina was never a world class CB

Porque

Valverde has this weird way of testing rotations in the wrong games. Betis away, Levante away when they were on form, now Villarreal away.

Here was another one, Umtiti at RCB away from home. Umtiti hasn't even played this position for France, has never partnered Lenglet and with his positioning you could tell. We just played Espanyol at home, 3 days earlier. There is a game to test an unproven CB partnership.

Villarreal in El Madrigal are one of those teams where if you do not bring your A game, they will make you suffer with their tempo, pressing and transitions.

On the other hand the midfield was abysmal. Arthur is out of form post injury, Busquets is playing his poorest form and Vidal can not impact the game without the other midfielders playing well.

Atleast we rescued a point, and atleast Malcom is bringing enough production to show he can be a game changer who can start easier fixtures and also be the first attacking sub.

Home of Barca Fans