Samuel Umtiti

ajnotkeith

JUST IN: Umtiti is set to stay at Barcelona. Club and player have both spoken about it already.
@SiqueRodriguez

Joan Laporta met with Umtiti. The club believes the player has worked hard to regain the level and overcome his injuries, as per
@ffpolo @CatalunyaRadio
adds that Barca also think Umtiti has had a good pre-season and is in a much better physical shape now.

So the report from Romero yesterday was trash? God what a disgrace this club is. We deserve every kind of a mess we are in if we are pushing out our youngsters whilst letting Umtiti to stay because he has nice looking muscles. We deserve it.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Most likely they know cant sack him and paying him off is impossible so they are left with keeping him and making him believe has some kind of future if will reduce salary.

ajnotkeith

Most likely they know cant sack him and paying him off is impossible so they are left with keeping him and making him believe has some kind of future if will reduce salary.

If he took a big salary cut I'm not opposed to him staying but clearly he is hanging onto that remaining wage by all means necessary. I hope Koeman continues to exclude him from squad lists, and I'd look at it differently if he at least had something to offer but he probably doesn't even have a LaLiga level anymore, his legs are gone.

This also puts any shred of rumours about new arrivals to bed, if we can't shift Umtiti/Pjanic then we defo won't shift anyone else. I am interested to see how the squad shapes out with the return of Fati/Dembele/Aguero and if guys like Braithwaite will leave by January after their spot is taken.

Messi983

Thinking more about this whole situation, does it really matter much if he stays or leaves right now? New signings are registered, we don't need to register Kun until November but will apparently be able to do that when Alba, Busi and Roberto will take pay cuts (which they're close to do) and we also won't bring more new players. Koeman won't play him (unless he won't have another choice) so just let him enjoy his retirement in the stands. We're pretty much fu*** until 2023 when all remaining amigos will hopefully be gone anyway.

ajnotkeith

MD seems to indicate Umtiti convinced Laporta to get opportunities and according to SPORT will enter the list for the game against Getafe

SmilerBam

JUST IN: Umtiti is set to stay at Barcelona. Club and player have both spoken about it already.
@SiqueRodriguez

Joan Laporta met with Umtiti. The club believes the player has worked hard to regain the level and overcome his injuries, as per
@ffpolo @CatalunyaRadio
adds that Barca also think Umtiti has had a good pre-season and is in a much better physical shape now.

So the report from Romero yesterday was trash? God what a disgrace this club is. We deserve every kind of a mess we are in if we are pushing out our youngsters whilst letting Umtiti to stay because he has nice looking muscles. We deserve it.

This is incredible! :)) How stupid this club can be?

behindbrowneyes

MD seems to indicate Umtiti convinced Laporta to get opportunities and according to SPORT will enter the list for the game against Getafe

According to Fernando Polo Umtiti is willing to talk about a salary reduction. That might have helped to relax the tension between club and player. I'd say that's the least he can do after those 3 years. Don't think he is a priority for Koeman, but shit happens and you have a CB banned and another one injured like it is the case this week. The fact that Umtiti is still just the 4th choice after Araujo, Lenglet and Mingueza shows that the CB-position is pretty overbooked. Unfortunately, quantity-wise and not quality-wise.

Home of Barca Fans