Samuel Umtiti

behindbrowneyes

But we can freeze him out of the first team squad and make him train with the b-team, correct?

Don't think so. He likely has a first team contract and has a right to train with the first team. Mingueza is the poor lad in this story. There isn't a first team number left for him, so he has to be registered as a B-team player.

If I was Barca, I wouldn't nominate Umtiti for the UCL squad. He can play for an UCL club then, but he won't be part of the UCL. :boss: :koeman:

delancey

Don't think so. He likely has a first team contract and has a right to train with the first team. Mingueza is the poor lad in this story. There isn't a first team number left for him, so he has to be registered as a B-team player.

If I was Barca, I wouldn't nominate Umtiti for the UCL squad. He can play for an UCL club then, but he won't be part of the UCL. :boss: :koeman:

What a mess this is! After Garcia?s display last week, I think the Barca hierarchy may have gotten the jitters from our back line and its injury woes, thus deciding to keep Umtiti.

Devils

Samuel Umtiti has agreed to lower his salary. The French central defender will go on to collect €5 million per season. (Via @BlazquezFont)

Hero

MTL_Barca

Samuel Umtiti has agreed to lower his salary. The French central defender will go on to collect ?5 million per season. (Via @BlazquezFont)

Hero

Should be our captain. Only cashing in 5 million a year for his vacation in Barcelona, that is what true love for your club looks like.

Sooke

There was a rumor going on that if Umtiti does not agree to move out by the August 31 deadline, we are going to terminate his contract with paying just small cancelation fee. Does someone knows anything about that option?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
MD claim he has met personally with Alemany, Yuste & Laporta and pleaded his case in addition to agreeing to wage reduction. Sounds like he will be given a last chance which I am fine with considering his salary impact will no longer be an issue

ajnotkeith

The days after Pjanic and Emerson bombshells drop about the club MD post a sob story about how Laporta gave Umtiti a last chance. Typical

Home of Barca Fans