Votes: 98 45.8%
  • Rossi

Votes: 83 38.8%
  • None of them

Votes: 33 15.4%

• Total voters

Clockwise

Buccaneer
well we missed out on an easy one in sahin :(, pastore is much cheaper and is just as good as cesc.
not to mention we dont particularely need an expensive CM as busquets is just as talented to play in a forward position in the mid with mascherano playing DM.

i am not against cesc coming if it is for a proper fee but the fact is it wont and we will pay at least 45 and that is just plain retarded to spend that much on a position in which cesc wont even start not to mention he is injured half the time

I don't think Pastore would be less than 45 M and not really a Xavi type player.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
I don't think Pastore would be less than 45 M and not really a Xavi type player.

lol cesc a xavi player :lol: :lol:
pastore aint gonna be more expensive than cesc and if that is the price than i say screw pastore also.......vidal is open dont know why we haven't made a push for him

Der Kaiser

well we missed out on an easy one in sahin :(

pastore is much cheaper and is just as good as cesc.

i am not against cesc coming if it is for a proper fee but the fact is it wont and we will pay at least 45 and that is just plain retarded to spend that much on a position in which cesc wont even start not to mention he is injured half the time

True, Sahin would´ve been a good bridging until Cesc´s contract runs out. I think Cesc was too much in Pep´s mind to consider Sahin...

We´ve been incrediblely lucky with Xaviniesta not getting injured, that´s why I think we need him.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
problem is he aint as good as either of the 2 and we would be paying 50 mill to bring him in to be a backup...not to mention he is injured more than xavi and iniesta

another more sensible option than cesc is axel witsel

Last edited:

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
so....if not pastore than it must be cesc???? wat about all the other good options out there that are much cheaper and not as injury prone???

Der Kaiser

problem is he aint as good as either of the 2 and we would be paying 50 mill to bring him in to be a backup...not to mention he is injured more than xavi and iniesta

I´ve been told his injuries were mostly due to him being overplayed, with good rest his health will probably be more stable.

He´s younger than both of Xavi and Iniesta, so you can´t say he won´t be better one day.

To pay 50m for a bench player does indeed sound pretty stupid, but seeing him as a rotation player this season and Xavi´s heir in the future makes it an OK-deal given the fact that there simply is noone else in the world that can fill the gap Xavi leaves behind when he gets older. (Thiago needs another good 2-3 years)

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
I´ve been told his injuries were mostly due to him being overplayed, with good rest his health will probably be more stable.

He´s younger than both of Xavi and Iniesta, so you can´t say he won´t be better one day.

To pay 50m for a bench player does indeed sound pretty stupid, but seeing him as a rotation player this season and Xavi´s heir in the future makes it an OK-deal given the fact that there simply is noone else in the world that can fill the gap Xavi leaves behind when he gets older. (Thiago needs another good 2-3 years)

wtf i just mentioned some good players who are just as good as cesc and are much cheaper and will allow thiago the time to groom while xavi is still playing near his peak......and if that fails we can get cesc as a much more reasonable price as his contract would almost be over

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
I haven't seen Sánchez yet but I've seen Rossi and he is amazing. And pretty young.

E

estranged

I think for one reason or another some cules really underrate cesc, he is pure class...he is no xavi but there hasn't been many midfielders like xavi ever, I can easily see cesc fitting in Barca, he has all the barca ingredients (vision/technique) and is still very young but I agree that he could have done more himself to make this move a reality.

Clockwise

Buccaneer
so....if not pastore than it must be cesc???? wat about all the other good options out there that are much cheaper and not as injury prone???

well of course if there are other quality cheaper midfielders then why not but it seems we have some kind of obsession with our Lost Son now so we're not really considering other options that seriously which is stupid anyway...
but for Cesc being injury prone i think it's more down to Wenger not ever letting him recover fully than him being injury prone besides laliga isn't as physical as EPL and people were saying same things about Messi and Iniesta a few seasons back as well so i don't think it's a thing really

edit: however cesc has come up in la masia before and plays in a team that doesn't play that differently from us so he is easier to get to play the way we want than any other midfielder

Last edited:

Der Kaiser

wtf i just mentioned some good players who are just as good as cesc and are much cheaper and will allow thiago the time to groom while xavi is still playing near his peak......and if that fails we can get cesc as a much more reasonable price as his contract would almost be over

Looks like I won´t convince you and you won´t convince me, so let´s call it a day.

We´ll see what happens.

E

estranged

the part about Cesc's injury prone-ness also worries me, but I think it was evident that Xavi is maybe not capable of playing 90 mins every week and pep rested him all season long at the first chance he had, so cesc would be a good option but i don't think that delaying the cesc transfer for another year maybe would do us any harm.

Anyways back to this discussion, I think either Rossi or Sanchez are good buys for anything less than 30 mil but I don't think we should try for both if we are considering Cesc

Barcafan 2304

the part about Cesc's injury prone-ness also worries me, but I think it was evident that Xavi is maybe not capable of playing 90 mins every week and pep rested him all season long at the first chance he had, so cesc would be a good option but i don't think that delaying the cesc transfer for another year maybe would do us any harm.

Anyways back to this discussion, I think either Rossi or Sanchez are good buys for anything less than 30 mil but I don't think we should try for both if we are considering Cesc

Cant see that happening mate. It will be just the one forward

M

Messi+Eto

If I were to judge by the video, I will say ROSSI hands down!!!

Home of Barca Fans