Sergi Roberto

Total-Football

It's clear he's first choice over Vidal but I am curious how well he will ultimately link up and open up that right side with Messi

I think you mind is stuck in the past .. Last season there was no link up between messi and alves , messi nowadays choose to play Inside the pitch , and alves doesn't go forward as he used to .. there is no need for such link up now , all we need is a reliable RB who can do simple things to perfection , so far i'm extreamly impressed with Roberto in our possession phase.. but i'm yet to see his ability when he's Under assault

xXKonan

I would love for Roberto be our own Carvajal.

Our own Cantera who could potentially become a world class RB? I would love for that to happen so bad.

Total-Football

Carvajal in not the barca type of full back .. Barca fullbacks are offensive players who can defend , and not defensive players who can attack .. that'ss why Roberto is working fine , put Sergio as a right back in other teams and he would be a liability

xXKonan

Carvajal in not the barca type of full back .. Barca fullbacks are offensive players who can defend , and not defensive players who can attack .. that'ss why Roberto is working fine , put Sergio as a right back in other teams and he would be a liability
Ehh I meant having a youth player become a success story.

Montoya a lot of people thought he could be the La Masia RB that could be a success story but it wasn't meant to be. Carvajal came through Real's youth system and became a success story during his time at Bayer Leverkusen and returning to Real in 2013.

While not his original Position he's showing a lot of promise in the RB role and I would love for him to be that La Masia RB everyone wanted to take the reigns once Alves Retired/Left.

Total-Football

Oh well .. we have Bellerin .. but just like Thiago our lack of faith pushed them to leave .. we have plenty of opportunities to play those youngster but we choose to push them out .. we are extreamly Lucky Iniesta stayed with Us .. one of the best midfielders ever and didn't become a starter until a critical moment of his career .. that's why Pep is my favorite manager , he doesn't give a fuck .. give them Young uns some minutes and collect your jewels later ..

JamDav1982

Oh well .. we have Bellerin .. but just like Thiago our lack of faith pushed them to leave .. we have plenty of opportunities to play those youngster but we choose to push them out .. we are extreamly Lucky Iniesta stayed with Us .. one of the best midfielders ever and didn't become a starter until a critical moment of his career .. that's why Pep is my favorite manager , he doesn't give a fuck .. give them Young uns some minutes and collect your jewels later ..

Bellerin leaving was nothing to do with game time or faith. The club wanted him to stay.

Pep only gave minutes to young players he rated good enough to get them and some young players like Bojan he felt was ruined by playing to much to young.

God Serena

Yes, I'm sure at 16 his lack of opportunities had much more to do with him leaving than the fat wad of cash Arsenal were offering.

Total-Football

Yes, I'm sure at 16 his lack of opportunities had much more to do with him leaving than the fat wad of cash Arsenal were offering.

that would make it even worse .. arsenal outcashing a team that makes twice the revenue they make ..

it's a domino effect , if i'm a Young player .. and i see senior players ( 18-19 years old ) getting no shots with the senior team , that will give me an idea = move the fuck out

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
that would make it even worse .. arsenal outcashing a team that makes twice the revenue they make ..

it's a domino effect , if i'm a Young player .. and i see senior players ( 18-19 years old ) getting no shots with the senior team , that will give me an idea = move the fuck out

Its more to do with the no under 18 senior contract in Spain that allows scrubs like Arsenal to poach from us

God Serena

You really have no clue.

In England you can get a professional contract at 16, while in Spain you have to wait until 18. They didn't "Outcash" us by any means, they just took advantage of one of Spain's many ass backwards rules on contracts. Stopping our players from leaving at 16 to go to England is a problem every single year.

Pepe Silvia

He's already trained to run up and down that flank pretty well, I just hope Lucho doesn't expect too much out of him on defense to start. He's going to go through some growing pains defensively and we are going to have to be patient. I already saw him scramble a bit on defense a bit last game so his composure is going to be critical especially in the CL.

Home of Barca Fans